20-06-2004, 08:57
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Oxford
Posts: 445
|
Happy Fathers Day
 to all you Dads out there, hope you enjoy YOUR day
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 09:19
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Silent Wings
 to all you Dads out there, hope you enjoy YOUR day
|
i agree.... happy fathers day dad
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 09:40
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex
Age: 38
Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q)
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Landline
Posts: 8,851
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Happy Fathers dad
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 11:51
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 2,974
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
May I be a real grouch and say that it is a commercial scam that should be deported back to the country across the Atlantic from which it originated.
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 14:21
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Theodoric
May I be a real grouch and say that it is a commercial scam that should be deported back to the country across the Atlantic from which it originated.
|
fair enough it is a bit commercial but it is also a good excuse (for those of us who dont always do it {not saying im a saint}) to make our fathers feel valued
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 15:20
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: outer space
Posts: 1,038
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Theodoric
May I be a real grouch and say that it is a commercial scam that should be deported back to the country across the Atlantic from which it originated.
|
But wat else have we got to look forward to
So happy fathers day to all you fathers out there  even the one who dont know they are a father
And a big thank you to Silent wings,WNA,and bex
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 15:47
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Reading
Age: 42
Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Posts: 6,546
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
I have to agree with the commercialisation comment, especially as i have seen cards like 'happy fathers day from the cat'.
Mothering sunday (and yes i insist on calling it that and not mothers day) exists because of religious reasons, and i don't think this day should be undermined by other days, i mean come on now we have 'grandparents day'!!
I have not said anything to my dad because if i did i would get a lecture, but for all the other fathers who mark the day... have a good time
MB
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 16:54
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by luftys
even the one who dont know they are a father 
|
you know something about a member that we don't??
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 17:24
|
#9
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Theodoric
May I be a real grouch and say that it is a commercial scam that should be deported back to the country across the Atlantic from which it originated.
|
And I find it both a sad and happy day for me. Happy that I got a fathers day card and present from my 3yr old son.
And sad that my other son is no-longer with us to say 'happy fathers day'.
I don't care if it IS a commercial scam - I am just happy that I can get my father a little something to say thanks for being there, and happy that my boy appreciates me.
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 17:28
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Just come back from seeing my Daddy and if nothing else is a day to appreciate your family as a whole. God bless all Dads and Mums who do so much and expect so little
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 20:54
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex
Age: 38
Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q)
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Landline
Posts: 8,851
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
I mucked up on my last post so here we go again. Happy Fathers day dad.
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 07:46
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: England
Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
Posts: 3,732
|
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Mothers get a day & so should fathers, we do just as much for our children.
I got to spend my day out fishing so appreciated that.
I also noticed in Asda a T-shirt that read:
"A dad is for life, not just for fathers day."
Reduced to £2 too, so I got 2 !
__________________
Not really visiting CF much these days....
If you need me, PM me.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:34.
|