Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo charge per account?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2013, 13:39   #1
mcgillca
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 14
mcgillca is an unknown quantity at this point
Tivo charge per account?

Hi - just checked my package charge today, wondering why it was more than the VIP package advertised on line.

I have a VIP package, but have two Tivo's and being charged a fee per box (one as part of the VIP package, one in addition for the second Tivo).

However, I had two Tivo's from 2011 back when it was charged per account, not per box. Those who had the per account charge were kept on this arrangement - however, for some reason, this was changed for me in November last year (I know, I should check my bills more carefully).

Tried customer care, but they were particularly unhelpful ("Trust me, I've managed this since the beginning and its always been per box", "are you going to accept this", "I can't spend any more time discussing this with you" - a very helpful Moharmed Arif, who also told me he had no manager!).

Anyone else with 2 Tivo's from that period still paying just the one monthly fee?

Colin
mcgillca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2013, 13:50   #2
Jameseh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tivo charge per account?

Ring retentions, its the only way to argue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 15:56   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,055
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Tivo charge per account?

Discuss, then argue if required.....
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 14:10   #4
howardmicks
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tivo charge per account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillca View Post
Hi - just checked my package charge today, wondering why it was more than the VIP package advertised on line.

I have a VIP package, but have two Tivo's and being charged a fee per box (one as part of the VIP package, one in addition for the second Tivo).

However, I had two Tivo's from 2011 back when it was charged per account, not per box. Those who had the per account charge were kept on this arrangement - however, for some reason, this was changed for me in November last year (I know, I should check my bills more carefully).

Tried customer care, but they were particularly unhelpful ("Trust me, I've managed this since the beginning and its always been per box", "are you going to accept this", "I can't spend any more time discussing this with you" - a very helpful Moharmed Arif, who also told me he had no manager!).

Anyone else with 2 Tivo's from that period still paying just the one monthly fee?

Colin
defo speak to retentions bud,the others are a waste of time
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 17:12   #5
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo charge per account?

If you have changed your contract recently, say moving to the latest VIP Collection, then it would seem right that your charging is brought in line with the current charging mechanism.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 17:25   #6
kgollop
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Tivo charge per account?

I have exactly the same problem. After several phone calls I got them to admit I was correct but they said the "system" would not let them correct the issue. They gave me a £30 credit. A week later someone else called me and said they could do me a monthly credit on the second box, saving me £5.50 a month so I would be better off, so I agreed to this. Firstly they took their £30 back after this, and then the £5.50 credit stopped after two months! I just felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall and eventually gave up a beaten man :-(
__________________
Gluten Free by the Sea
kgollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 09:41   #7
kgollop
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Tivo charge per account?

I gave retentions another call after this thread got me thinking about things again. I calmly explained how I'd been a VIP customer since day one, was being overcharged and that I was frustrated by the constant price rises and new customers and those ringing up and shouting loudest getting big discounts. They too were unable to correct the billing error. However, after dropping MUTV and agreeing to a new 12 month contract they managed to get my bill down from £121.05 to £101.05 so I'm very pleased with that. I also ordered a Superhub 2 for £20 with self install.

Thanks to Brian in retentions, great service!
__________________
Gluten Free by the Sea
kgollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 10:51   #8
MalteseFalcon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Tivo charge per account?

Just proves that being calm and polite works in these matters. Wonder how busy they were last Friday with people calling to cancel their cancellations?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 11:35   #9
kgollop
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Tivo charge per account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Just proves that being calm and polite works in these matters. Wonder how busy they were last Friday with people calling to cancel their cancellations?
There was certainly a knowing laugh and a feeling of getting them onside when I mentioned people calling up and shouting for big discounts, and how that wasn't my style at all
__________________
Gluten Free by the Sea
kgollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:59.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum