Another great 50% offer from Virgin
20-05-2013, 18:58
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Another great 50% offer from Virgin
http://store.virginmedia.com/content...llections.html
Virgin are having a 9 day flash sale with new customers able to get 50% off for the first 9 months!
The VIP collection for just over £65.00 per month is great value.
|
|
|
20-05-2013, 21:04
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Very good deal for what you get. If the getout clause for price rises is still valid, you don't have to worry about getting locked into an 18 month contract either. Can current customers out of contract get this price too?
Virgin must be desperate for customers to offer such a low price. Healthy competition benefits the consumers though
|
|
|
20-05-2013, 21:32
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx
Very good deal for what you get. If the getout clause for price rises is still valid, you don't have to worry about getting locked into an 18 month contract either. Can current customers out of contract get this price too?
Virgin must be desperate for customers to offer such a low price. Healthy competition benefits the consumers though 
|
I'm happy to jump from SKY to Virgin and back chasing 50% off deals. I've still got all the Virgin equipment and cabling in place plus come December I'll own the SKY equipment. Future switching should be a fairly painless process. I'll maybe just need up to date viewing cards.
I think SKY and Virgin are both fairly desperate for new customers. It's great news for us the consumers.
|
|
|
21-05-2013, 00:08
|
#4
|
|
Architect of Ideas
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,238
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I'm happy to jump from SKY to Virgin and back chasing 50% off deals. I've still got all the Virgin equipment and cabling in place plus come December I'll own the SKY equipment. Future switching should be a fairly painless process. I'll maybe just need up to date viewing cards.
I think SKY and Virgin are both fairly desperate for new customers. It's great news for us the consumers.
|
I don't think there has been a better time for those who are able to switch between the two providers. With TiVo and HD channels Virgin are slowly catching up in that area, and with FTTC rolling out other broadband providers are catching Virgin up.
|
|
|
21-05-2013, 05:45
|
#5
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I'm happy to jump from SKY to Virgin and back chasing 50% off deals. I've still got all the Virgin equipment and cabling in place plus come December I'll own the SKY equipment. Future switching should be a fairly painless process. I'll maybe just need up to date viewing cards.
I think SKY and Virgin are both fairly desperate for new customers. It's great news for us the consumers.
|
Its a competitive market place so one would expect offers from all companies in this marketplace so its not really desperation dear Chad.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
21-05-2013, 06:36
|
#6
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I'm happy to jump from SKY to Virgin and back chasing 50% off deals. I've still got all the Virgin equipment and cabling in place plus come December I'll own the SKY equipment. Future switching should be a fairly painless process. I'll maybe just need up to date viewing cards.
I think SKY and Virgin are both fairly desperate for new customers. It's great news for us the consumers.
|
A balanced view there Chad (unlike the one eyed comments from the one we tend ignore) Think you are right the market is getting more difficult particularly in the TV space. For the first time Sky declined to declare their DTH TV net adds this qtr and combined the numbers with Now TV. VM tv figures were very low too, so reckon there will be lots more deals like this in the coming months from all suppliers.
|
|
|
|
21-05-2013, 08:02
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Its a competitive market place so one would expect offers from all companies in this marketplace so its not really desperation dear Chad.
|
Maybe desperation was not the right word to use. I would however suggest that SKY and Virgin will be looking to lock as many new and existing customers as possible into 12 and 18 month contracts before BT start to advertise aggressively.
|
|
|
21-05-2013, 10:25
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
|
Re: Another great 50% offer from Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I would however suggest that SKY and Virgin will be looking to lock as many new and existing customers as possible into 12 and 18 month contracts before BT start to advertise aggressively.
|
The openreach engineer who was here today said they are doing huge amount of the BT TV installs at the moment. Also said that speaking to some of the customers, sports was a big part of the reason they signed up.
---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana
A balanced view there Chad (unlike the one eyed comments from the one we tend ignore)
|
Keep repeating the same mantra, you are the only acting like a bridge dweller with personal attacks most times you post
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23.
|