04-03-2012, 11:22
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
|
On Demand Not Working
The last few days I've been having a problem accessing On Demand. It lets me search for the programme I want and it lets me click through the watch on demand menu, but when I click Watch Now it just takes me back to the home screen.
I've tried rebooting the box but it still does it. Anyone have a fix for this or am I going to need to give Virgin a call?
|
|
|
04-03-2012, 11:31
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle
The last few days I've been having a problem accessing On Demand. It lets me search for the programme I want and it lets me click through the watch on demand menu, but when I click Watch Now it just takes me back to the home screen.
I've tried rebooting the box but it still does it. Anyone have a fix for this or am I going to need to give Virgin a call?
|
For someone to help , what box is it happening on and do you get any error codes ?
|
|
|
04-03-2012, 11:40
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
It's a TiVo box (as per the thread title  ) and no error messages, just dumps me back to the previous option screen or the home screen.
I've seen people on the Virgin Community forum reporting similar issues, but no solution seemed to be forthcoming, other than the admin people saying they were looking into it.
|
|
|
04-03-2012, 11:42
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle
It's a TiVo box (as per the thread title  ) and no error messages, just dumps me back to the previous option screen or the home screen.
I've seen people on the Virgin Community forum reporting similar issues, but no solution seemed to be forthcoming, other than the admin people saying they were looking into it.
|
It's a known fault according to the Official forum. Try a full reboot and if that doesn't fix it, then you are part of that issue I guess.
|
|
|
04-03-2012, 11:43
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle
It's a TiVo box (as per the thread title  ) and no error messages, just dumps me back to the previous option screen or the home screen.
I've seen people on the Virgin Community forum reporting similar issues, but no solution seemed to be forthcoming, other than the admin people saying they were looking into it.
|
Doh  missed that
|
|
|
04-03-2012, 12:03
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
It's a known fault according to the Official forum. Try a full reboot and if that doesn't fix it, then you are part of that issue I guess.
|
OK, well that sucks, but thanks.
I'll give them a call to see if they can sort it out and if not then I assume I'll also be part of that known cash refund issue.
|
|
|
04-03-2012, 12:26
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Services: 30mb bb.. xl tv.. xl phone
Posts: 88
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle
The last few days I've been having a problem accessing On Demand. It lets me search for the programme I want and it lets me click through the watch on demand menu, but when I click Watch Now it just takes me back to the home screen.
I've tried rebooting the box but it still does it. Anyone have a fix for this or am I going to need to give Virgin a call?
|
same here but it does seem to be working with my v+ box
someone else suggested trying to access iplayer thru the "apps" on the official forums and i tried it and it works for me
|
|
|
25-08-2012, 11:59
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
|
Re: On Demand Not Working
Tivo box on demand keeps freezing. Ihave had 3 engineers , a replacement box, an adjustment to my signal strength (told i was getting too strong a signal as virgin cabinet too close to my house)- Had an engineer out this am who advised me that it is a national problem which they are working on, however can't say when it will be fixed. Does anyone know if compensation is going to be forthcoming ?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:06.
|