Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Modem Problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Poor internet the last few days.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2012, 18:19   #1
AdamD
Inactive
 
AdamD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Services: VM 50Mb
Posts: 1,665
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age
Poor internet the last few days.

Hi all

Been having some poor internet service the last few days, noticing my instant messaging keeps disconnecting (AIM, MSN) and I also lose connection in any games I'm playing at the time

Websites also seem to time out when trying to load

I'm on the 30mb service, I'm connected via ethernet (Gigabit network card etc)

My power levels etc are below
Attached Images
File Type: png power.png (42.0 KB, 26 views)
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2012, 18:44   #2
sollp
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: here
Age: 57
Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
Posts: 1,288
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one
Re: Poor internet the last few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Hi all

Been having some poor internet service the last few days, noticing my instant messaging keeps disconnecting (AIM, MSN) and I also lose connection in any games I'm playing at the time

Websites also seem to time out when trying to load

I'm on the 30mb service, I'm connected via ethernet (Gigabit network card etc)

My power levels etc are below
Receive power levels are way to high
sollp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 19:28   #3
AdamD
Inactive
 
AdamD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Services: VM 50Mb
Posts: 1,665
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age
Re: Poor internet the last few days.

Yea I figured that might be the case, I remember last time we had cable we had something fitted to the box, a power regulator or something.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 08:37   #4
AdamD
Inactive
 
AdamD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Services: VM 50Mb
Posts: 1,665
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age
Re: Poor internet the last few days.

I'm guessing this isn't a good sign.

AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:01.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum