Wireless Not Working At All
22-07-2012, 07:59
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 41
Posts: 277
|
Wireless Not Working At All
Hello. Yesterday my area was upgraded, and I am now on 100mb, which works great on my wired connection. But for some reason, the wireless connection doesn't work at all.
I made sure to turn wireless on in the Super Hub GUI, and my laptop can find and connect to the superhub with a strong connection, but it can't seem to access any websites. After a short time, the connection goes from 'Local and Internet' to 'Local Only'. Then a few seconds later it goes back to 'Local and Internet', but all websites still time out.
Can anyone please help me?
|
|
|
22-07-2012, 12:09
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northants
Age: 82
Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro
Sky Talk
Sky+HD
Posts: 5,122
|
Re: Wireless Not Working At All
Sounds like typical superhub crappiness.
Make sure you are using 2.4ghz
Install InSSider and note the most unused channel.
Manually switch to this channel
If none of the above helps
Acquire a proper router
Switch the superhub to modem mode and forget about it's so called routing and "outstanding"  wireless capabilities.
|
|
|
22-07-2012, 14:17
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 41
Posts: 277
|
Re: Wireless Not Working At All
Ok, I tried InSSIDer, and found that channel 9 wasn't being used at all, but no luck. It tries to connect, sits at a blank page for about 10-15 seconds, then I get a 'The connection was reset' message on Firefox.
I just don't understand. My wireless connection was working perfectly fine yesterday, then they upgraded me to 100mb and suddenly it doesn't work at all.
It's not my laptop either, because I just tried setting my PS3 up and on the test it doesn't get past 'Internet Connection', it just sits there on 'Checking...' then says 'Failed'.
---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------
Ok, it seems powercycling the superhub has fixed the problem, at least for now.
|
|
|
22-07-2012, 14:30
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northants
Age: 82
Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro
Sky Talk
Sky+HD
Posts: 5,122
|
Re: Wireless Not Working At All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanicus
Ok, it seems powercycling the superhub has fixed the problem, at least for now.
|
 Get yourself a proper router so you can return to enjoying your computing instead of having to faff about with VM's junkbox.
It's probably not everyone's choice but as I am not fussed about 5gig I got an Asus RT-N16, loaded Tomato USB firmware and have not had any glitches since. It just does what it says on the tin.
Previously I tried to use a superhub but whatever I did with it, it just rebooted itself almost all the time. The superhub is the absolute worst piece of hardware I have ever come across.
|
|
|
23-07-2012, 06:40
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln
Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
Posts: 11,021
|
Re: Wireless Not Working At All
I strongly agree with the above, you would be far better off just getting yourself a proper router (I recommend Linksys).
That being, try this first. It is possible they might have forced the firmware update which your speed upgrade and the shub has reset itself to factory settings. If so, take a look at the settings and disable the spi firewall (or whatever it is called) and ip flood detection. I don't know where they are in the GUI, you'll have to have a look around.
|
|
|
23-07-2012, 09:24
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: FK7 area - Scotland
Posts: 334
|
Re: Wireless Not Working At All
I think your wireless connections has reset itself.
I had a similar problem after the firmware upgrade.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:07.
|