Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What settings are best for R36?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

100Mb Woes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2012, 08:22   #1
broadbandking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
100Mb Woes

A while ago I upgraded to 100Mb awhile ago and it would not go past 75-80Mb which I know is good but I want my connection to be at least a little closer, so I contacted TSC and 2 super hubs later still the same no change.

So I downgraded to 60Mb which was fine always max speed, so my area had the upgrade for double speeds so I thought OK the UBR would have been worked on ready for the upgrades so I'll try 100Mb again and guess what still the same, So I have rang TSC again and have been told they have reset the server (I know they didn't, surprised they know the word server) and then I apparently had spyware (I didn't)

So can someone please help, my connection is also wired.

Modem Stats


Modem Initialisation
Stage Status
Downstream Acquisition Locked
Primary Frequency 299000000 Hz
DHCP Complete
TFTP Complete
Time Of Day 09:21:39
Security Enabled
Counters T1,T2,T3,T4,Sync,Resets 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
Internet Connection
IP Address Status
WAN IP Address
Lease Time Remaining 2 days 14:43:44
Expiry Wed 25 Jul 00:05
Current Network Time Sun 22 Jul 09:21
Downstream Channels
Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Rx Power SNR Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
Locked 206 299000000 Hz QAM256 1.4 dBmV 42.9 dB 7283 16
Locked 205 291000000 Hz QAM256 1.8 dBmV 43.2 dB 7639 53
Locked 207 307000000 Hz QAM256 1.1 dBmV 42.6 dB 6571 28
Locked 208 315000000 Hz QAM256 0.8 dBmV 42.5 dB 6641 182
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Upstream Channels
Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Tx Power Mode Channel Bandwidth Symbol Rate
Locked 1 45800000 Hz ATDMA 35.8 dBmV 16QAM 6400000 20480 Kbits/sec
Unlocked 0 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV Unknown Unknown 0 Kbits/sec
Unlocked 0 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV Unknown Unknown 0 Kbits/sec
Unlocked 0 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV Unknown Unknown 0 Kbits/sec

Connection Information
You appear to be on a Virgin Media Connection
IP address 77.XX.XXX.XXX
Host cpc25-dudl11-2-0-cust228.16-1.cable.virginmedia.com

Any help would be great.
broadbandking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2012, 12:34   #2
morley04
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Leicester LE3
Services: 100MB, Tivo 1TB, V+HD and XL Phone
Posts: 191
morley04 is on a distinguished roadmorley04 is on a distinguished road
Re: 100Mb Woes

10/100/1000MB NIC ? as iv'e had a few people who have had 100mb installed but have only been running 10/100 NIC so were only gettig 70-80 max.
morley04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 16:07   #3
broadbandking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: 100Mb Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by morley04 View Post
10/100/1000MB NIC ? as iv'e had a few people who have had 100mb installed but have only been running 10/100 NIC so were only gettig 70-80 max.
How can I check that, I have changed it on device manager to 1Gb full duplex so I am guessing that means I have 1Gb network card.
broadbandking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 20:35   #4
eth01
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 852
eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all
Re: 100Mb Woes

correct me if im wrong but dont you work for VM?
Speak to your contacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
A while ago I upgraded to 100Mb awhile ago and it would not go past 75-80Mb which I know is good but I want my connection to be at least a little closer, so I contacted TSC and 2 super hubs later still the same no change.

So I downgraded to 60Mb which was fine always max speed, so my area had the upgrade for double speeds so I thought OK the UBR would have been worked on ready for the upgrades so I'll try 100Mb again and guess what still the same, So I have rang TSC again and have been told they have reset the server (I know they didn't, surprised they know the word server) and then I apparently had spyware (I didn't)

So can someone please help, my connection is also wired.

Modem Stats


Modem Initialisation
Stage Status
Downstream Acquisition Locked
Primary Frequency 299000000 Hz
DHCP Complete
TFTP Complete
Time Of Day 09:21:39
Security Enabled
Counters T1,T2,T3,T4,Sync,Resets 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
Internet Connection
IP Address Status
WAN IP Address
Lease Time Remaining 2 days 14:43:44
Expiry Wed 25 Jul 00:05
Current Network Time Sun 22 Jul 09:21
Downstream Channels
Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Rx Power SNR Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
Locked 206 299000000 Hz QAM256 1.4 dBmV 42.9 dB 7283 16
Locked 205 291000000 Hz QAM256 1.8 dBmV 43.2 dB 7639 53
Locked 207 307000000 Hz QAM256 1.1 dBmV 42.6 dB 6571 28
Locked 208 315000000 Hz QAM256 0.8 dBmV 42.5 dB 6641 182
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Unlocked Unknown 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown Unknown
Upstream Channels
Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Tx Power Mode Channel Bandwidth Symbol Rate
Locked 1 45800000 Hz ATDMA 35.8 dBmV 16QAM 6400000 20480 Kbits/sec
Unlocked 0 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV Unknown Unknown 0 Kbits/sec
Unlocked 0 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV Unknown Unknown 0 Kbits/sec
Unlocked 0 0 Hz Unknown 0.0 dBmV Unknown Unknown 0 Kbits/sec

Connection Information
You appear to be on a Virgin Media Connection
IP address 77.XX.XXX.XXX
Host cpc25-dudl11-2-0-cust228.16-1.cable.virginmedia.com

Any help would be great.
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 21:02   #5
broadbandking
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: 100Mb Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth01 View Post
correct me if im wrong but dont you work for VM?
Speak to your contacts?
I may work for VM but its Sunday and not everyone works Sundays plus this is a help and support forum.
broadbandking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 21:31   #6
General Maximus
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lincoln
Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
Posts: 11,021
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 100Mb Woes

you have got a gbit NIC because it will only let you select gigabit speeds if it is a gigabit NIC. You might need to refresh the connection though. I don't know why but in the past when I have had a power cut depending on what order the devices come back online sometimes the connection from the router to the modem shows as 100mbit and other times as 1gbit. I have never noticed any difference in speed and tbh I cant be bothered to investigate what circumstances cause it. I don't know about the shub but on my vmng300 it tells me the connected lan speed under the status tab:

Ethernet Link Status Up 1000 Mbps/Full duplex

Your power levels are fine btw. I would bet good money that despite the upgrade work they have done, the area is over subscribed and 80mbits is all you'll ever. You need to decide whether you want to pay for 100mbit and only get 80 or pay for 60 and receive 60. Don't forget the upstream though, there is a big difference.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:48.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum