25-04-2012, 20:47
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
|
sound issues with new tv
hi just upgraded the tv from an old panasonic plasma to a led lg tv.
very happy with the new hd picture, but the sound seems tinny and the voice doesn't sound right.
any suggestions? thanks for looking
|
|
|
25-04-2012, 21:48
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Poole, Dorset
Services: NTL Digital Family Pack
750K STB Broadband
Posts: 64
|
Re: sound issues with new tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyagh
hi just upgraded the tv from an old panasonic plasma to a led lg tv.
very happy with the new hd picture, but the sound seems tinny and the voice doesn't sound right.
any suggestions? thanks for looking 
|
Probably one of the ultra thin TVs. So thin that they have headphone drivers for speakers. We get lots of complaints about this where I work.
|
|
|
25-04-2012, 21:55
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
|
Re: sound issues with new tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by chienmort
Probably one of the ultra thin TVs. So thin that they have headphone drivers for speakers. We get lots of complaints about this where I work.
|
thanks,
only seems to be on certain channels though.
|
|
|
26-04-2012, 10:34
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
Posts: 472
|
Re: sound issues with new tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyagh
hi just upgraded the tv from an old panasonic plasma to a led lg tv.
very happy with the new hd picture, but the sound seems tinny and the voice doesn't sound right.
any suggestions? thanks for looking 
|
I've got an LG LED HD but I always have the sound through a home theatre system as with all (or most) TV's the sound is awful.
|
|
|
26-04-2012, 17:35
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
|
Re: sound issues with new tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32
I've got an LG LED HD but I always have the sound through a home theatre system as with all (or most) TV's the sound is awful.
|
i think you are right. any recommendations for a decent system or a cheap sound bar!
|
|
|
26-04-2012, 18:50
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Onkyo amps are cheap for the specs you get.
|
|
|
26-04-2012, 18:58
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
Posts: 472
|
Re: sound issues with new tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyagh
i think you are right. any recommendations for a decent system or a cheap sound bar!
|
I bought this one a few weeks ago http://www.simplyelectricals.co.uk/d...-bdv-n790.html ,but it's all about personal preference (and cost!!),I bought this because I had a Sony before.
|
|
|
26-04-2012, 20:44
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Near Newcastle upon Tyne
Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
Posts: 901
|
Re: sound issues with new tv
I've just bought the Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 surround sound system from Richer sounds,£229.95. £60 off but there isn't many left, check availability in your area.Very well featured for the price.
I am very pleased with the sound from it
http://www.richersounds.com/product/...ky-hts3405-blk
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:15.
|