You are here: Home | Forum | Video conversion software
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.
Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Posts: 2,462
Wi FI Booster
I need some kind of booster hardware between my Desktop PC (Upstairs) and the Modem (Downstairs). I cant physically move the modem as its rigged up to my TV, and Blu Ray.
Is there any Hardware that can do this?
I know you can have boosters but ive never actually needed any until now.
But in any case, yes, wireless repeaters are cheap and easy to find. Boosters not so much as most wireless routers are already outputting close to the legal maxium by default, so you can't boost it much without breaking the law.
but the homeplugs would be best bet I recon. This access point would help for that device and any other devices your wanted around the house though at the same time. Oh and get N Wlan card for pacey connection.