Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
16-02-2011, 16:52
|
#1
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 170
|
Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Well, the Dispatches programme was a bit of a disappointment. Ann Cryer has been talking about this hate-teaching and child abuse for years. Naturally a couple of educated and moderate Muslims were wheeled on to explain that the hate and abuse were promulgated by a specific form of Islam, and not all Muslims are like that.
The specific form of Islam is Deobandia and Keighley Mosque, along with 80% of the mosques in the country, practices this form of Islam. The moderate Muslim, quite rightly, said that "we need to do something about it now, otherwise we will reap the whirlwind".
What to do and who will do it are, however, major problems - at least until the multicultural brigade realise that it is not racist, xenophobic or bigoted to act against something that is so obviously out of step with the interests and ideals of the majority of British people.
Incidentally, I was not previously aware that the term 'Kuffaar' (meaning a non-believer) is intended to carry a weight of insult similar to the "N word". I was surprised at that. Maybe I should be insulted?!?
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 16:56
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
I think the word is better known as Kaffir.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaffir_%28racial_term%29
Quote:
The word kaffir, sometimes spelled kaffer or kafir, is an offensive term for a black person, most common in South Africa and other African countries. Generally considered a racial or ethnic slur in modern usage, it was previously a neutral term for black southern African people.
The original meaning of the word is 'heathen', 'unbeliever' or 'infidel', from the Arabic 'kafir' and is still being used with this meaning by Muslims.[1] The Arabic term Kafir (arab كافر) is, however, also applied to simply anyone who is not a Muslim. Portuguese explorers used the term generally to describe tribes they encountered in southern Africa, probably having misunderstood its etymology from Muslim traders along the coast. European colonists subsequently continued its use.[2] Although it was in wide use between the 16th and 19th centuries, and not generally seen as an offensive term, as racial tensions increased in 20th century South Africa and the surrounding countries, it became a term of abuse.
The word was used in English, Dutch and, later, Afrikaans, from the 16th century to the early 20th century as a general term for several different peoples of southern Africa. In Portuguese the equivalent cafre was used.
In South Africa today, the term is used both as an insult, and by some, as a common word for a black person. In any case, the term is regarded by most as derogatory (in the same way as "nigger" in other countries). Use of the word has been actionable in South African courts since at least 1976 under the offense of crimen injuria: "the unlawful, intentional and serious violation of the dignity of another".[3]
|
The word is also used in Dutch (kaffer) where it has come to mean a stupid person, or as a verb meaning to verbally abuse someone (as Afrikaners would do to their black staff).
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 17:00
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Jeez, when are you going to start on the immigrants?
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 17:05
|
#4
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 170
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
I think the word is better known as Kaffir.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaffir_%28racial_term%29
The word is also used in Dutch (kaffer) where it has come to mean a stupid person, or as a verb meaning to verbally abuse someone (as Afrikaners would do to their black staff).
|
I did not know the words Kaffir and Kuffaur were related, but apparently they are. I guess the strength of the insult is in the way you choose to see it then. heathen,unbeliever and infidel I can put up with, that's nothing and I don't even see it as an insult at all. Mind you, slap me with a flip flop...... grrrrr Laughing Laughing
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 18:27
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bath
Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
Posts: 825
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Jeez, when are you going to start on the immigrants?
|
What about the people who leave their shopping trolleys wherever they fancy, eh?
I want to know who's going to crack down on THEM?
(I expect it's all part of a left-wing conspiracy...)
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 18:34
|
#6
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Many years ago my nan's sister lived in South Africa, and she was visiting a friend, she asked her what her servants name was. Her friend replied just call her "K*****"
that was 30-40 years ago, its a shame its still used as abuse today.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 18:36
|
#7
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg
I did not know the words Kaffir and Kuffaur were related, but apparently they are. I guess the strength of the insult is in the way you choose to see it then. heathen,unbeliever and infidel I can put up with, that's nothing and I don't even see it as an insult at all. Mind you, slap me with a flip flop...... grrrrr Laughing Laughing
|
LOL or flip me with a flop slap.
Islam is backward just like all other religions. It's rotten to the core! And those that believe in all that nonesense are rotten hypocrites.
Did that offend you? So what, get used to it.
__________________
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 19:05
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg
Incidentally, I was not previously aware that the term 'Kuffaar' (meaning a non-believer) is intended to carry a weight of insult similar to the "N word". I was surprised at that. Maybe I should be insulted?!?
|
I grew up in South Africa where that word was/is a terrible insult. You can imagine how I feel when muslims call me that.....you'll notice from Danielfs post that it was a 'banned' word even during the apartheid days.....
|
|
|
16-02-2011, 21:52
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 170
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Is waiting for the usual crowd... yawn!
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 06:27
|
#10
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,601
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
i watched the program -i was more shocked at the way Hindu's where described
i wondered what happened to respect for other religions ??
as for what they choose to call me, i don't care much its just disturbing that its being taught to children
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 06:48
|
#11
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire
Services: VM 50meg and SKY TV HD+.
Posts: 146
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf
i watched the program -i was more shocked at the way Hindu's where described
i wondered what happened to respect for other religions ??
as for what they choose to call me, i don't care much its just disturbing that its being taught to children 
|
Hindus like Sikh's are a peace loving religion unlike the Muslim crowd featured on C4 the other night. If people think Muslims are a peace loving religion I suggest they jump on a plane with me and I will show them different.
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 09:13
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
I grew up in South Africa where that word was/is a terrible insult. You can imagine how I feel when muslims call me that.....you'll notice from Danielfs post that it was a 'banned' word even during the apartheid days.....
|
I don't know if the word is offensive in Arabic though. For all I know, it may just mean non-believer.
---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer89
Hindus like Sikh's are a peace loving religion unlike the Muslim crowd featured on C4 the other night. If people think Muslims are a peace loving religion I suggest they jump on a plane with me and I will show them different.
|
Hmmm. Last time I was in India, I was stuck in Calcutta airport for half a night on account of the curfew imposed over this
I'd say you get nutjobs in every religion, and Hindus, Sikhs or Christians are not exempt.
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 18:04
|
#13
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,055
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer89
Hindus like Sikh's are a peace loving religion unlike the Muslim crowd featured on C4 the other night. If people think Muslims are a peace loving religion I suggest they jump on a plane with me and I will show them different.
|
Obviously someone forgot to tell Babar Khalsa, the Sikhs who assassinated Indira Gandhi (and the Hindus who killed around 1000 Sikhs in revenge for it), the Tamil Tigers and the Saffron Terrorists that.....
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 20:07
|
#14
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
Re: Good Evening, Fellow Kuffaars
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer89
Hindus like Sikh's are a peace loving religion unlike the Muslim crowd featured on C4 the other night. If people think Muslims are a peace loving religion I suggest they jump on a plane with me and I will show them different.
|
Is there such a thing? Some peace loving humans maybe? Mind you, they can be so interfering.
__________________
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:29.
|