06-08-2010, 16:51
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
leaving Virgin!
How is it possible?
ive been on virgin since oct 09 and was thinking of leaving as its too expensive for me now.
yet, when i phoned - they said my contract doesnt expire till March 11.
so, i said WTF/>
apparently, because my bill was incorrect for the first 'months' of my services, when i got it down to what it should be (which was March 10 apparantly), they are now saying that started a new 12 month contract as ive lowered my bill, yet all services, broadband speed/tv/and phone packages are ALL THE SAME!
i wasnt told this, so am incredibly annoyed!!!
also, i was told if i were to lower my services, that it would start another 12 month contract from that date, so i cant even lower my internet and remove some services as i would be stuck with them even longer.
very disappointed, and completly regretting leaving sky to join this mickey-mouse company.
was also told, if i were to cancel my services i could be charged upto £180 which would be forwarded to dept management services.
im only just now in the past few months getting the price i agreed with when i ordered it.
ive had bills ranging from £100-£145 for my services, yet when originally ordered, i was told it would be £98.50
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 16:53
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Please remember to use language appropriate to the fact that this is a family friendly forum
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 17:50
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy
Please remember to use language appropriate to the fact that this is a family friendly forum
|
apologies kymmy, my bad - just angered. 
---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------
what is the early cancellation fee?
i dont understand their 'you could be charged upto £180 if you decide to cancel your services early'
this is what the guy told me in his little robot accent.
i SHOULD only have 2 months left on my contract, but now they are saying March 11 which is like 7 months.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 18:12
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Cancellation fee is normally £10 per service per month.. so for three services over 7 months it would be 3x7x£10 so £210, but it is capped by the sound of it £180 in this case.. The reason is that the install is subsidised by the service charges and 12 months is the standard minimum contract where they can get back all costs and make a reasonable profit.
I would personally write into the complaints department about your install and contract date discrepancy and state that the services were not changed but instead the bill was altered to reflect the verbal contract you were promised when you joined.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 18:36
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
By email or written letter?
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 18:42
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Try either, or even phone
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:01
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Call tomorrow morning on 150 and choose the option "Thinking of leaving us" and explain the situation to them.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:14
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque
Call tomorrow morning on 150 and choose the option "Thinking of leaving us" and explain the situation to them.
|
Hi masque, this is exactly what I did when I already phoned them earlier today.
So, I think I'm stuck paying for something I can't afford, for longer than I should be doing.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:19
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson1985
Hi masque, this is exactly what I did when I already phoned them earlier today.
So, I think I'm stuck paying for something I can't afford, for longer than I should be doing.
|
You could try contacting the CEO's office by email and include as much detail as possible including full account details with a contact phone number, the email address is neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk this address is freely available to anyone who can google it and keep us updated.
Or you can write to them.
Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:38
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Thanks, I've sent an email to that account.
Hopefully, I will get a quick fix, but I'm very doubtful, but thanks for your own assistance.
It is a shame its come to all this, when my bills are already 100+ every month and I've never failed to meet a payment, yet being stiffed on the contract length.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 01:30
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson1985
Thanks, I've sent an email to that account.
Hopefully, I will get a quick fix, but I'm very doubtful, but thanks for your own assistance.
It is a shame its come to all this, when my bills are already 100+ every month and I've never failed to meet a payment, yet being stiffed on the contract length.
|
Remember to use your VM email address - you tend to get a better responce if you send email from VM email address.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 05:29
|
#12
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
Remember to use your VM email address - you tend to get a better responce if you send email from VM email address.
|
He has already sent the email but as long as he included his account details it will be fine.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 10:21
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Well, had a reply from Neil saying he was on vacation and this morning received a phone call from virgin on his behalf.
Short story, nothing has changed - still trying to stiff me on the contract length and they were 'generous' to try to take my phone services off and lower my broadband from 50>10mb for a £10 saving!
... Which would have started a new 12month contract
So, I'm still stuck for the extra months
I urge people to avoid this company like the plague, I will welcome back sky as soon as posible.
Sky can offer a cheaper monthly bill for more channels and hd, while offering half price for 12 months, while virgin can take more than £10 of services off my bill yet lower it by only £10.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 10:27
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
[QUOTE=chrisjackson1985;35069060]I urge people to avoid this company like the plague, I will welcome back sky as soon as posible. QUOTE]
I won't be leaving, as I'm sure 000's more will agree with me, unfortunately every person has good and bad experiences with every company, you've just been unlucky, my service from joining in Feb has been superb.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 10:41
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
|
Re: leaving Virgin!
Yes I'm sure you are, but wait until you wish to leave and then tell me the same.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30.
|