You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports 1 HD looks dull and Sky Sports 2 HD looks crisp ??
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.
I recently downgraded my VM TV package from XL with a V+ box to just the L package with no box.
The downgrade seemed to go smoothly enough but after the restart i had lost the red button icon on BBC1 etc. that lets you access the teletext service.
Is this correct? Surely you don't need the full VM package to get text? I've tried rebooting the box but to no avail.
Ah it should come back soon enough, if it doesn't come back later leave it switched off over night and see whether it is back in the morning, if not give faults a ring
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Re: Downgraded...lost teletext.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi66
Hi.
I recently downgraded my VM TV package from XL with a V+ box to just the L package with no box.
The downgrade seemed to go smoothly enough but after the restart i had lost the red button icon on BBC1 etc. that lets you access the teletext service.
Is this correct? Surely you don't need the full VM package to get text? I've tried rebooting the box but to no avail.
Hi,
This is a known fault... when you downgrade from V+ service (and keep the box) you lose access to interactive red button services.
This is a known fault... when you downgrade from V+ service (and keep the box) you lose access to interactive red button services.
The engineers are looking in to the problem.
Hi
I have had this problem for months now since down grading.
And all I am being told is I must pay £5 a month to get the Red Button working again or down grade my box.
Do you know if there is a firmware\software coming out soon?
Could you not ask if you could possibly have a VHD box sent to you free of charge as you aren't getting access to full services. Or is getting rid of the V+ features just a temporary thing for you?
I have just got this from VM.
"Due to the software issue we are having right now they are the only available options to you If you want red button access."
"We are looking into fixing this as soon as we possibly can but I cannot give any definate dates"