Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
11-08-2005, 11:21
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Liverpool
Age: 47
Posts: 1,777
|
Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
Am getting NTL box in my room, was just wondering what a reasonable DVD recorder will cost me. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will allow me to record off NTL. Any recommendations? Cheers.
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 11:25
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Essex innit
Age: 52
Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL
BT Telephone
Posts: 15,735
|
Re: Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
Tesco are selling a DVD Recorder for less than £100 at the moment.
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 11:28
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Treasure Island
Age: 80
Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Posts: 1,971
|
Re: Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
Sounds good Paul, i'll have a look at that.
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 11:46
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 64
Posts: 2,242
|
Re: Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by smicer07
Am getting NTL box in my room, was just wondering what a reasonable DVD recorder will cost me. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will allow me to record off NTL. Any recommendations? Cheers.
|
Argos are selling a Alba RDVD1000 DVD Recorder for £89.99 see there website
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...o.x=12&go.y=10
Mike
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 14:28
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Liverpool
Age: 47
Posts: 1,777
|
Re: Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
Is that Alba one any good?
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 14:47
|
#6
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
Ok - personally I'd spend a bit more and get the liteon one for £129.99 from argos.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...clickfrom=name
Which can record on just about anything (apart from RAM) It can even record video (albeit pretty pants quality) on a cd if you get stuck.
The argos one is the next model up to the one I've got and i've had no problems with it.
edit - I wouldn't be surprised if you did a google you could also override both macrovision and region coding on it as well
|
|
|
11-08-2005, 15:08
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minas Tirith, Gondor
Age: 61
Posts: 3,458
|
Re: Cheap, but not rubbish, DVD recorder?
I with dilli - I do have the 5006 and it rocks! The only things missing are 'timed instant record' (ie record the next sixty mins) and a proper EPG. But for the money it does a good job of replacing my VCR.
BTW, i would suggest you use mainly +RW media - much more flexible in terms of overwriting/erasing than +R or -RW. If I want t keep something, I use Nero to copy to +R on the PC.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02.
|