14-02-2005, 14:57
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire.
Services: 2Mb, Family + Movies, Teleco.
Posts: 50
|
Slow Pace Box
I'm not sure if this is a fault or if they normally run slow?
Sometimes we have to wait a few seconds for a reaction from choosing an option.
We used to have sky and option choices were displayed straight away.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:00
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Get used to that Simon.
In my experience, the ntl STBs are inferior to Sky's in just about every way.
Has yours locked up when you press the red button yet?
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:01
|
#3
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
Get used to that Simon.
In my experience, the ntl STBs are inferior to Sky's in just about every way.
Has yours locked up when you press the red button yet?
|
Samsungs aren't. Pace ones are.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:05
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by scastle
Samsungs aren't. Pace ones are.
|
Simon referred to his Pace box, so I was referring to Pace boxes too-sorry if you didn't understand that.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:13
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire.
Services: 2Mb, Family + Movies, Teleco.
Posts: 50
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
only used the red button twice that i know of, luckily that's not locked it up yet but the kids have managed to lock it upa few times trying to change channels
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:32
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Various
Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
Posts: 2,055
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
Simon referred to his Pace box, so I was referring to Pace boxes too-sorry if you didn't understand that. 
|
You didn't specify that, Neil!
In my experience, the ntl boxes I've got run faster than my parents' Sky box - though granted, that is one of the original Pace boxes. I've no experience with more recent Sky boxes. Faster software is also being worked on by the dedicated guys and gals inside ntl.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:45
|
#7
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
Simon referred to his Pace box, so I was referring to Pace boxes too-sorry if you didn't understand that. 
|
So, when you said
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
In my experience, the ntl STBs are inferior to Sky's in just about every way
|
you weren't referring to ALL NTL boxes..
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:54
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by scastle
So, when you said
you weren't referring to ALL NTL boxes..
|
That's correct-I'm sorry that you didn't understand what I was saying.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:57
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 41
Services: FreeSat+
Tivo
V-Box
VM 60MBit
Posts: 13,365
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Hmm...Neil is in a cryptic mood today
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 15:59
|
#10
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
That's correct-I'm sorry that you didn't understand what I was saying. 
|
That's what I thought. No need to patronise me though.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 16:04
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by scastle
That's what I thought. No need to patronise me though.
|
I wasn't...
I was just being.....cheeky....
Sorry-genuinely no offence meant.
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 16:14
|
#12
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
I wasn't...
I was just being.....cheeky....
Sorry-genuinely no offence meant. 
|
Don't worry, I wasn't offended.. If I was, then I'd have hit the report button and reported you to, err, you...
But, you are right, the Paces are slow...
|
|
|
14-02-2005, 17:39
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Midlands
Age: 47
Posts: 79
|
Re: Slow Pace Box
i have awlays found that sky box's are faster and offer more services than cable stb's weather it be NTL/Telewest pace or samsung or what ever. and the service from sky is a lot better as well. little of track i know but thought i would mention it.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:17.
|