Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem recording from STB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Via the RF cable - some kind of filter needed?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 20:58   #1
Paul O
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2
Paul O is an unknown quantity at this point
TV Via the RF cable - some kind of filter needed?

hi all,

Newbie here, so apologies if this has been covered many times - I have searched the forums and got some good info, but need help with a filter please!

I don't have a TV arial but read on the web, and advised by a friend who has done it, that spliiting the signal to the TV from my cable line will allow a signal to come through, so I can watch a different channel to the one thats on the Cable set-top-box (I subscribe to all telewest services, so they can't really complain)

I have read though that TVs can introduce noise back into the main box somehow, which could cause problems. The split signal has not had any detrimental affect to my services, and I can still hear the neighbours TV booming through the walls so I don't think its affected theirs much either.

However, to be sure, I've read about something called a low noise filter or similar to stop my TV set from sending the any messy rubbish down the line.

I've searched the web for these, but can't find any. Could someone elaborate on this mysterious gadget please, as I don't want to affect other's signals.

Thanks in advance!

Paul.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2005, 23:01   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive
 
Tezcatlipoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TV Via the RF cable - some kind of filter needed?




Maplin sell a "high pass filter" which may be of use (not sure, tbh)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rldID=&doy=9m2


You may also find something on Ebay.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 14:43   #3
Ignition
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South-East London
Age: 48
Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Posts: 2,588
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Re: TV Via the RF cable - some kind of filter needed?

Doesn't say what the specs are but ideally a high pass filter which allows signals only above 65MHz or so would be cool.

One with a pass band at 100MHz-ish would be fine too.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 20:13   #4
Paul O
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2
Paul O is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TV Via the RF cable - some kind of filter needed?

Thanks guys I'll check that out. Theres a maplin fairly close, so I'll go next weekend and see what it says about it.

I take it that a gadget like this will remove any chance of rubbish been sent from my telli back to the network?

Thanks again! :-)
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:10.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum