26-06-2004, 21:38
|
#1
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 22
|
weight loss
I am going on holiday soon and i have had a few too many 12 inch pizzas and burgers so now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.
I currently weigh 13 stone 11 please await for further updates
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:39
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Avrils_knickers
I am going on holiday soon and i have had a few too many 12 inch pizzas and burgers so now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.
|
No no, feel free to persue this one on your own
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:44
|
#3
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: heckmondwike
Posts: 8
|
Re: weight loss
well i think i need to praise the lord for this one.....on going battle but at least i am not annarexic!.i may be a fatty but at least i can do something about it unlike RIK WALLER
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:45
|
#4
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Avrils_knickers
I am going on holiday soon and i have had a few too many 12 inch pizzas and burgers so now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.
|
No.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Avrils_knickers
I currently weigh 13 stone 11 please await for further updates
|
I can't weight.....
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:46
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by lavignelover
well i think i need to praise the lord for this one.....on going battle but at least i am not annarexic!
|
No, just a bad speller....
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:47
|
#6
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: heckmondwike
Posts: 8
|
Re: weight loss
well all i know is i can fit a kebab into my ass sideways its a crownass
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:48
|
#7
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by lavignelover
well all i know is i can fit a kebab into my ass sideways its a crownass
|
Oh wow - how many months did it take for you to think of that one?
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 21:49
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by lavignelover
well all i know is i can fit a kebab into my ass sideways its a crownass
|
lmaoooooooooooooo!!!!
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:05
|
#9
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by lavignelover
well all i know is i can fit a kebab into my ass sideways its a crownass
|
Errrr...can someone translate? I've lost the plot already.Is this a dialect or a spelling issue?
Don't bother! It has all been explained to me.Some folk want to watch their manners.It's very dicey coming onto a site and having a go at the residents.It is not smart and it's not going to win you friends.But of course that's not the point is it?Haven't seen you contribute to any post in a helpful manner thus far so I guess you aren't into the ethos of this site.
Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:11
|
#10
|
|
Guest
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Avrils_knickers
now i am not going too eat for a while i will starve my self,would anyone else like to begin this journey with me.
|
I'm not an expert on diets and weight loss, but my answer would be "no", because starvation diets are a) not a good way of losing weight (your body just goes into "famine mode" and starts consuming muscle tissue, so when you start eating again it builds that tissue back up again) b) not good for you either because you're not eating right.
There is *ONE* really good way of losing weight and that is aerobic exercise. NB that's not "Aerobics" (some versions of which can actually be damaging!), but simple exercise that increases your heart rate and breathing so your body starts burning off fats.
A couple of sites that have methods of calculating recommended heart rate levels are http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/bl_THR.htm
And http://www.netfit.co.uk/wkaer.htm
I'd suggest, if possible, taking up swimming a couple of times a week. It's non-stressful on joints (unlike jogging and step-aerobics can be), burns calories well and is also good for endurance and suppleness.
Curiously enough, I recently started swimming again after not doing it for a long while, because I decided I wasn't fit enough and I've found that I'm actually eating less because of it! I simply don't have the appetite for the large meals I used to, so I'm getting fit *and* losing weight!
|
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:12
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,223
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Errrr...can someone translate? I've lost the plot already.Is this a dialect or a spelling issue? 
|
No - I think you will find that it's a dig at another forum member Coggy
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:20
|
#12
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: weight loss
So can someone set the record straight.....Are these two people against Kronas or what ? What is their point here on the forums ?
:  :
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:21
|
#13
|
|
Guest
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Halcyon
So can someone set the record straight.....Are these two people against Kronas or what ? What is their point here on the forums ?
:  :
|
God knows. Hopefully someone will come along in a moment and suggest they get back on topic...!
|
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:24
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,988
|
Re: weight loss
Back  please
|
|
|
26-06-2004, 23:25
|
#15
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: weight loss
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Graham
God knows. Hopefully someone will come along in a moment and suggest they get back on topic...!
|
But I think that it is the topic Graham.One of them began the thread after all and the other choreographed it.
Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:22.
|