Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Online Safety Bill

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 3
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 12 57.14%
Conservative 0 0%
Liberal Democrat 3 14.29%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 1 4.76%
Reform UK 1 4.76%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 0 0%
NI - Nationalist 0 0%
Other vote 2 9.52%
Will not vote 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 10:10   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 3

Two down, four to go

Here’s a fresh week’s opinion poll so we can track the changing fortunes of the parties standing in the fictional constituency of Cable Forum Central. Please vote again and please continue any discussions that were ongoing in last week’s thread, which for your convenience is located here: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33712720

And if you want to track polling progress, week 1 is here: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33712705
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Today, 11:05   #2
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 3

Tories are gonna get spanked harder than an onlyfans content creator*

*allegedly**

**the onlyfans bit, tories are definitely getting spanked
Old Today, 11:25   #3
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Labour have been on the back foot over the past week. First the Diane Abbot debacle, then the Tory tax claims. Why Starmer didn't refute that in the debate at the first, or even second, opportunity I do not understand. Probably because taxes are going to increase. But now it's been largely debunked as a made up figure, Labour can go to town on the PM's integrity.

There was a compelling party election broadcast from the Lib Dems last night. It was fairly low on substance, but high on values. https://twitter.com/LibDems/status/1...VsWh-Qd4A&s=19

I'm hoping an Independent candidate who lives in, understands and will stand up for my area puts themself forward. It looks as though parties will start publishing their manifestos from next week, which may help me to make up my mind who to vote for.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:40   #4
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Is no-one bothered that Diane is a quivering shadow of her former self, Angela is not sure where she lives, Labour's teary first Minister in Wales lost a recent no confidence vote and Sir Keir appears to have a steam-powered thinking process?

They are going to run the Country (probably at 20mph)?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:43   #5
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Is no-one bothered that Diane is a quivering shadow of her former self, Angela is not sure where she lives, Labour's teary first Minister in Wales lost a recent no confidence vote and Sir Keir appears to have a steam-powered thinking process?

An upgrade on the current lot, do you not think?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:53   #6
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
An upgrade on the current lot, do you not think?
I'll need to ponder over my reply. OMG, it's making me all shaky and all teary...who, what, where am I?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:11   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post

1. Yes, I’m concerned for the apparent Parkinsonian symptoms Diane Abbot is exhibiting. I have no doubt she is also aware, and is likely taking medical advice. However, if she is happy to continue to pursue a political career while those symptoms are not debilitating, that’s up to her. Her hard left politics concern me, but TBH she is on the lunatic fringe of the Labour Party, whereas hard right politics is very much mainstream in the current Tory party and that is of far greater concern to me.

2. Angela Rayner has been investigated by the police and other authorities and is facing no further action. Not sure what your problem is?

3. The Senedd is a glorified county council and attracts politicians of that calibre. Its Labour membership, in particular, pretty much opted out of the New Labour project of the late 90s and early 2000s and as a result are prone to making lumbering, centralising, unreconstructed lefty errors with now very obvious consequences for the likes of the NHS in Wales. However, until voters in Wales lose their widespread compulsion to vote for anything in a red rosette regardless of their competence, they will continue to get the government they deserve.

4. Starmer is, I think, capable of quick thinking, but his instincts are to stop and chew things over rather than respond quickly. Watch back the infamous £2,000 claim in the ITV debate and you can visibly see Starmer thinking to himself, “Hang on, that’s not right, it’s so obviously not right there must be some reason I’ve not spotted for him to be even saying that … there could be a trap here, let me think it through.” As the debate unfolded over the subsequent 24 hours of course it became clear it was just a brazen lie designed to be so epic in scale that we all stop and assume it can’t be a lie, there must be some truth to it. If that’s how the Tories are going to conduct the next 4 weeks of campaigning, then Starmer is going to have to start trusting that he knows what he’s offering the electorate and act quickly to counteract misinformation about it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote