Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | You'll love this.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cooker Spare Parts

Old 14-11-2008, 15:48   #1
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
Cooker Spare Parts

Has anyone bought spare parts for cookers on the net before?

I have a cooker that the inner glass has smashed, and I phoned the company as advised and they were less than helpfull, they said they could not tell me when they will be making the inner glass for my cooker, the cooker is less than 2 years old...

if any of you have where did you buy your spare parts?

ik

---------------- Now playing: R.E.M. - Just A Touch via FoxyTunes
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2008, 16:15   #2
The Hitman
Inactive

The Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful oneThe Hitman is the helpful one
Re: Cooker Spare Parts

I had the same problem with my old cooker. I used my hosehold insurance to get a new one. Only cost me 50 quid
The Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 16:21   #3
zing_deleted

you could perhaps ask at your local hardware merchants or proper trade building suppliers to find a glass cutter. They could well stock the glass you need

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

http://www.appliancepartsdirect.co.u...en-Glass-Door/ or then there is here
Old 14-11-2008, 16:30   #4
ikthius
Inactive

ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

well I would rather it be a genuine part so it should take longer to explode the glass

thanks Zing, but the link has nothing what I am looking for.

Insurance is a no just now, I may have found a glass for £60 so no point claiming insurance just yet.

just waiting for the espares to get back to me, god this is difficult to find spares, I have been looking for weeks and the manufacturer was really bad, no after sales care at all, the guy kept putting me on hold and was laughing all the time, he was getting me to say everything twice, so i turned the tables on him, as his accent was not clear enough for telephonist

---------------- Now playing: The Breeders - Glorious via FoxyTunes
Old 14-11-2008, 16:51   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Have a look on this site. Spares2go. Naff name but I have used them a couple of times this year and have had no problems with delivery etc.
Old 14-11-2008, 17:53   #6
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post
Has anyone bought spare parts for cookers on the net before?

I have a cooker that the inner glass has smashed, and I phoned the company as advised and they were less than helpfull, they said they could not tell me when they will be making the inner glass for my cooker, the cooker is less than 2 years old...

if any of you have where did you buy your spare parts?

ik
Why not post the make and model as it may help find you a door.
Old 14-11-2008, 18:32   #7
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

I've used these people a few times..

http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/index.html

A small family company, immensely helpful and quick.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 18:40   #8
ikthius
Inactive

its a:
New World 60DFMOSS
SN: 60704933
MN: 444445546

it is just the inside glass not the door glass as there is a slide in piece of glass on the inside of the door.

the 2 links gave do not have parts for the model numbers
Old 14-11-2008, 18:47   #9
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
its a:
New World 60DFMOSS
SN: 60704933
MN: 444445546

it is just the inside glass not the door glass as there is a slide in piece of glass on the inside of the door.

the 2 links gave do not have parts for the model numbers
Is the model number 444445046

Is this the part http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cooker...hand-door.html
Old 14-11-2008, 19:30   #10
ikthius
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoIneedatech View Post
Is the model number 444445046

Is this the part http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cooker...hand-door.html
no the model number is the one I posted, I thought it was that one as well.

I emailed a few of those places just waiting to hear back from them.
Old 14-11-2008, 20:16   #11
whydoIneedatech

Quote:

Ring them up tomorrow as they are open 9am till 6pm as it does look to be your best bet plus it says other cookers use the same parts.
Old 14-11-2008, 20:24   #12
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I used to work for a deep cleaning company, and 80% of the time, parts were broken due to crap being on the part, hiding cracks, and glass was just as bad, what we used to do is contact local secondhand dealers, that dealt with this sort of stuff and you would be surprised at what you could buy, there is also a company in Birmingham that deals with this, or try Gumtree.co.uk.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 22:02   #13
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:

see this one..

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cooker...door-glas.html
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 18:06   #14
Lloyd James
Inactive

Lloyd James is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Does anybody know where I can get a Hinge for a Belling 600XR Bottom Oven Door.
I am having great difficulty getting one.
Lloyd James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 18:24   #15
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Although they do not stock the exact part you need you could try emailing the following firm as they may be able to track down the hinge you are looking for.

http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse-60...m111-p5555.htm