Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 3Com wireless router & AOL.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Router Problems!

Old 18-12-2005, 20:40   #1
oli87
Inactive

oli87 is on a distinguished roadoli87 is on a distinguished road
Router Problems!

To start everything was fine hunky dory no problems! Then one day when i came back from work my router has stop working! I have a US Robotics 4-port broadband router and am on ntl broadband. When the computers are connected to the router we can access each other shared files no problems yet no internet is going through the router, but the internet works fine if i plug striaght into the modem from my computer but leaves the other two computers without internet access which isnt good. I cant access the router itself to change the setting and find out whats wrong at all. Ive played around with the computers, routers, modem and nothing has happend. We've disscussed getting seperate internet connections so we dont have to deal with the router, also thought about buying a new router. Yet aint a 100% sure what to do, so any advice as to how to get things working what i should try would be great. Cheers
oli87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-12-2005, 20:42   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Router Problems!

Does the enet light on the modem come on when the router is connected?

Also, is there an uplink, or wan light on the router?
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 20:59   #3
oli87
Inactive

oli87 is on a distinguished roadoli87 is on a distinguished road
Re: Router Problems!

The correct 4 lights come up on the modem including the ethernet one! The wan link, wan10/100 lights are fine, the system and wan status dont show up
oli87 is offline   Reply With Quote