23-04-2012, 07:25
|
#1
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
CRTV what works?
My main TV seems to be u/s . So put my old CRTV on to the V+ box it is having problems with the box BUT different to the LCD ( which simply does not come on !)
Get a picture but no menu on screen is that normal ( getting signal via SCART). Will change scart tonight just in case ( I am sure I have more than one!) Wondering if its just a case of two things dieing at once, as I also have trouble changing channels on it non responsive  .
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 07:40
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: CRTV what works?
Yes it's because the box is set to hd. you need to put it back to Scart to get the menus back. All as v+ boxes are slow
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 07:51
|
#3
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: CRTV what works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66
Yes it's because the box is set to hd. you need to put it back to Scart to get the menus back. All as v+ boxes are slow
|
thanks , How ever I can not get to menu at all. Not the remote ,as it does not work via the box. ( Boss at home telephone support!)
If I cannot get the menu at all I can not change the setting. At this stage its not worth calling Tec out as when I change TV it will all be changed again.
She is using our third TV on Freeview at the moment .
So 1) get new TV
2) if still not working then call tec
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 09:20
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: CRTV what works?
From http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...855-v-faq.html
Quote:
Q: I've set my V+ output to HD, but I don't have an HDTV and now I can't see any pictures
A: (Scientific-Atlanta V+) Hold in the Stop and Play/Pause buttons on the front panel, and press Reset. Keep Stop and Play/Pause held in until the display says 'boot'. After a few seconds the display should say 'outpt'. Press the Fast Forward button several times until the display says 'Sd', then press OK. Wait for the V+ to reboot then you should be back in SCART mode.
(Samsung V+) Temporarily plug the TV into the 'VCR' SCART socket on the back of the V+. You will then be able to see the menus so you can switch back to SCART mode. Don't forget to move the SCART lead back to the 'TV' socket when you've finished.
|
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 09:20
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb,
V6 STB
Posts: 8,405
|
Re: CRTV what works?
There is a way to do it 'blind'.
Copied from a post from Dec 2008, in case I needed it.
Quote:
These are instructions for changing output via front panel, change to scart in this case:
Hold in the Stop and Play/Pause buttons on the front panel, and press Reset. Keep Stop and Play/Pause held in until the display says 'boot'.
After a few seconds the display should say 'outpt'. Press the Fast Forward button several times until the display says 'Sd', then press OK. Wait for the V+ to reboot then you should be back in SCART mode.
|
Just tested it on a SA V+ box.
Jest beaten to it as I was checking it still worked.
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 13:32
|
#6
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: CRTV what works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
|
Thanks guys,
no chance of finding this via the office BB (lucky if I get 1 meg).
Have sent on to the boss in case she wants to have ago.
I guess that to put back to HDMI is also to be found on the net . Will cross that bridge later.
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 13:52
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northampton
Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb,
V6 STB
Posts: 8,405
|
Re: CRTV what works?
At the 'press fast forward' stage it cycles through the display options, so HDMI will be there.
|
|
|
23-04-2012, 17:27
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: CRTV what works?
Or can simply use the menus, as you'll be able to see them once you are in SCART mode.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:57.
|