I have been able to watch my NTL STB in another room for over a year now, when I first decided I also wanted to be lazy and change channels from there too I discovered that NTL had been very clever when requesting Pace manufactuer the STB's by making it almost impossible to change channel from another room.
I eventually discovered that it could only be done with the Digieye.
NTL have now given me the new Samsung STB and ever since, I have had trouble changing channel using my Digieye. At first I thought it was a problem with my Digieye but now I am beginning to think it is something to do with NTL and the Samsung box, it works sometimes but only intermittantly and appears to be less and less often.
Does anyone know if my assumptiion is correct and if so is there another remote sender that is more reliable