25-07-2014, 21:17
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
|
Cable Managment
Hi All
I really need to tidy my cables up underneath my desk can any one please tell me the best way and what I will need and also where I can get the stuff from, if you lot have any pictures of what you have done that would be awesome.
|
|
|
25-07-2014, 21:46
|
#2
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornaby
Age: 51
Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
Posts: 832
|
Re: Cable Managment
Have a look on the B&Q website for Trunking.
|
|
|
25-07-2014, 22:02
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lincolnshire
Age: 38
Posts: 2,033
|
Re: Cable Managment
Zip ties, velcro, spiral wrap, electric tape, each to their own. I use zip ties to a degree but gave up on it along time ago, will do it when I move it all next time.
|
|
|
25-07-2014, 22:09
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Over there
Posts: 1,096
|
Re: Cable Managment
I screwed hooks underneath my desk at the back and the wires rest on them, cost about 50p.
|
|
|
25-07-2014, 23:49
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Cable Managment
Don't get too clever with cable tidies or whatever. The number of times you move kit about means you end up fiddling and that gets annoying.
Simple wire tyes are enough.
|
|
|
28-07-2014, 19:49
|
#6
|
|
Guest
Location: Near Hungerford, West Berkshire
Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT,
Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Cable Managment
I bought some of this a few years ago - it did the job. Easy to put cables and easy to route cables out depending where you want them.
Don't mix cables though - i.e. power cables and network cables....try and keep each bundle separate.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:34.
|