19-08-2013, 17:34
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Upgrade advice please
My current package is:
TV=M, Broadband=30Mb, Phone=M
I pay £18 less £4 loyalty discount (line rental is paid upfront).
I would like to upgrade to the Premiere Collection. I have phoned CS and was told I would have to have a 2nd box (which I have nowhere to put in my small flat) and I would be charged £49 for its installation. I would also lose my £4 loyalty discount. Ongoing cost would be £48 per month.
I feel I should be paying £44 per month and no installation charge. If I could get this I would also take Sky Sports.
Is it worth trying again or was the CS rep. correct?
|
|
|
19-08-2013, 18:29
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 363
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
Try calling retentions to see what they could do but it does sound right.
Retentions is 150 from your landline, then option 5 then 3
Good Luck!
|
|
|
19-08-2013, 18:54
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris
Try calling retentions to see what they could do but it does sound right.
Retentions is 150 from your landline, then option 5 then 3
Good Luck!
|
Thank you. I'm still in contract until November so I doubt they would be helpful.
I'm surprised at the lack of incentive to upgrade.
|
|
|
19-08-2013, 21:06
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
You can get the premier collection without second box
|
|
|
20-08-2013, 05:58
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66
You can get the premier collection without second box
|
Apparently it costs an extra £3 per month not to have the box. Crazy!
|
|
|
21-08-2013, 08:22
|
#6
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sheffield
Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Signature with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM 500Mbps Broadband & Phone
Posts: 583
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills
Apparently it costs an extra £3 per month not to have the box. Crazy!
|
BenMcr once advised me that you can get the Premiere or VIP collections with a single STB for the same price advertised with one. You therefore might want to try again as Ben is usually spot on.
|
|
|
21-08-2013, 10:41
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7
BenMcr once advised me that you can get the Premiere or VIP collections with a single STB for the same price advertised with one. You therefore might want to try again as Ben is usually spot on.
|
Thank you for that I will try again this evening.
I have just asked a CS representative about upgrading from TV-M to TV-XL only and was told this would start a new 12 month contract. Can anyone confirm if this is correct please? Just trying to find the best deal as this is a major upgrade for me.
|
|
|
21-08-2013, 14:12
|
#8
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stoke on Trent
Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
Posts: 280
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
I wouldn't enter one, ask what's in it for you, all you are getting is few extra channels.
In my experience it had to be a new service taken, such as adding broadband, or new equipment provided such as an extra box before new contracts were started, I would query it or least be after a hefty discount.
|
|
|
21-08-2013, 14:13
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: Upgrade advice please
Yes, most deals will require a new 12 month contract.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55.
|