|
Swapping 1TB & 500GB TiVo Box
I currently have a 500GB TiVo 'Cisco' Box on a M+ TV package, which I manage to fill very quickly and end up running out of space.
My parents, who live quite a distance away, have a 1TB TiVo 'Samsung' Box on an XL TV package and record virtually nothing. The only reason they have a TiVo box is because retentions threw it into a deal when they were thinking of leaving.
Given that I would be able to make more use out of their 1TB box, and they would be perfectly happy with my 500GB version, is there any way I can swap the two boxes (with their respective 'smart' cards) and pick up our normal TV packages?
If VM will recognise the fact the box has been changed (even though the card is the same) then is their any way of getting VM to authorise the change? I can't imagine it would take more than 5 minutes for somebody from Virgin to talk me through how to re-programme the box on the phone.
Thanks.
|