Have Virgin cancelled my services?
13-12-2012, 17:25
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Sorry if this is not in the right section of the forum.
2 days ago I called Virgin and cancelled all my services due to the recent price increase. I'm not sitting out my 30 notice period.
How do I know if Virgin have actually processed my request? Do they send a letter? I've not received an e-mail and My Virgin Media doesn't make any suggestion I've cancelled my services either.
Any information would be great.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 18:51
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
All I can tell you is when I rang following my increase letter, and agreed to stay at a reduced rate, the reduction was shown on the my bills section of the site almost immediately. So if I were you I'd ring back for piece of mind.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 19:06
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
All I can tell you is when I rang following my increase letter, and agreed to stay at a reduced rate, the reduction was shown on the my bills section of the site almost immediately. So if I were you I'd ring back for piece of mind.
|
Oh dear. I'll give them a call.
---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------
It's all good. Services end on the 10th January.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 20:30
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Services: VM BB 30MB, TV XL and Talk Unlimited. Sky TV, BB and Phone.
Posts: 17
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Sky have only just increased their prices by the way Chad, and they're going up again in Feb and April by £2 each time. It might not actually be cheaper in the long run.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 20:37
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacketofsweets
Sky have only just increased their prices by the way Chad, and they're going up again in Feb and April by £2 each time. It might not actually be cheaper in the long run.
|
Sky increased their prices in September for all customers and the line rental increased from this month so I'm not sure where your getting your info from , care to provide us a link to clarify.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 20:51
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacketofsweets
Sky have only just increased their prices by the way Chad, and they're going up again in Feb and April by £2 each time. It might not actually be cheaper in the long run.
|
My wifes cousin works for SKY and set us up on a friends and family deal. I've got TV, broadband and HD for half price for 12 months. Even if prices do go up by around £4.00, I'm still going to be saving around £40.00 per month.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 21:14
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Services: VM BB 30MB, TV XL and Talk Unlimited. Sky TV, BB and Phone.
Posts: 17
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
My wifes cousin works for SKY and set us up on a friends and family deal. I've got TV, broadband and HD for half price for 12 months. Even if prices do go up by around £4.00, I'm still going to be saving around £40.00 per month.
|
In that case, your signature is completely infactual and misleading. The fact that you're saving money with Sky is down to that discount, not to do with Virgin's price increase or anything as such.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 21:23
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacketofsweets
In that case, your signature is completely infactual and misleading. The fact that you're saving money with Sky is down to that discount, not to do with Virgin's price increase or anything as such.
|
"I turned down the Virgin price increase, and joined SKY instead, as I believe in better!"
What is misleading and unfactual about that? It's what happened. Plus I've used SKY's advertising slogan as a little tongue-in-cheek twist at the end. There is nothing in my signature where I state SKY are giving me a cheaper deal. I would agree with you if my signature stated:
"I turned down the Virgin price increase, and joined SKY instead, as they are much cheaper than Virgin."
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 22:03
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Services: VM BB 30MB, TV XL and Talk Unlimited. Sky TV, BB and Phone.
Posts: 17
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
The implied meaning comes over as I'd described, regardless of the technical meaning you're trying to explain. Especially considering you're on a primarly-Virgin Media orientated forum.
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 22:14
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacketofsweets
The implied meaning comes over as I'd described, regardless of the technical meaning you're trying to explain. Especially considering you're on a primarly-Virgin Media orientated forum.
|
Thanks for breaking down your interpretation of my signature. If that's how you read and interpret it then who am I to argue?
|
|
|
13-12-2012, 22:22
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 19
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
Thanks for breaking down your interpretation of my signature. If that's how you read and interpret it then who am I to argue?
|
Nothing wrong with that signature, even if you think it does imply he believes in a better price.
The better price offering of a 50% discount (if that's your contention) is also available via other websites and offer codes from third-parties as well.
|
|
|
14-12-2012, 08:24
|
#12
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,378
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Come on people let's not wander away from the topic..and play nicely. It's the season of goodwill to all.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
14-12-2012, 10:22
|
#13
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
"I turned down the Virgin price increase, and joined SKY instead, as I believe in better!"
What is misleading and unfactual about that? It's what happened. Plus I've used SKY's advertising slogan as a little tongue-in-cheek twist at the end. There is nothing in my signature where I state SKY are giving me a cheaper deal. I would agree with you if my signature stated:
"I turned down the Virgin price increase, and joined SKY instead, as they are much cheaper than Virgin."
|
Remember after 12 months you have pay for the repairs so how much better.
|
|
|
14-12-2012, 19:31
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_
Remember after 12 months you have pay for the repairs so how much better. 
|
my cousin as been with sky over 8 years and as never had to pay for repairs yet,If a fault occurs with is box he calls them to cancel and rather than lose the customer they have come out and repaired/replaced free of charge and i know plenty of other people who have done the same
|
|
|
14-12-2012, 19:38
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Staffordshire
Services: BB XL
Posts: 55
|
Re: Have Virgin cancelled my services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks
my cousin as been with sky over 8 years and as never had to pay for repairs yet,If a fault occurs with is box he calls them to cancel and rather than lose the customer they have come out and repaired/replaced free of charge and i know plenty of other people who have done the same 
|
Spot on.
Sky GIVE new customers a FREE box, if your box failed and Sky said you needed to pay for a repair or a new box, and you were DAFT enough to pay for it, well what can I say  Lets get real, I am sure if they are giving all their NEW customers a FREE box, they could find one for you BEFORE you left
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:19.
|