25-03-2012, 13:08
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
No sound on HDMI
Just upgraded my TV to a Cello branded. I've been using my Samsung V+ throught SCART on my old TV but now I have connected it up through HDMI. I have picture but no sound. All the box settings are correct so can't make it out!
Any help?
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 13:15
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Try changing the HDMI Audio Override setting on the V+.
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 13:17
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Try changing the HDMI Audio Override setting on the V+.
|
I've done this on both on and off settings. Still nothing!
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 14:24
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 41
Services: FreeSat+
Tivo
V-Box
VM 60MBit
Posts: 13,365
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
You are connecting to your TV via a straight HDMI-HDMI lead, correct?
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 14:31
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M
You are connecting to your TV via a straight HDMI-HDMI lead, correct?
|
Yes that's right.
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 14:53
|
#6
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,924
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Any chance of you trying another HDMI cable?
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 14:54
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne
Any chance of you trying another HDMI cable?
|
I've tried 2 and both the same.
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 15:23
|
#8
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,924
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Silly thought, but you have checked that you haven't got the TV on mute?
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 15:24
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
try 720p
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 15:26
|
#10
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey
I've done this on both on and off settings. Still nothing!
|
Leave it set to "off" until you get sound working. Maybe try "on" later.
TV muted or volume set to 0? (It happens!)
Do you get sound from the TV on its built-in tuner or SCART?
Is the TV set to expect a DVI input, with audio from a separate socket?
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 15:41
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
Getting sound from SCART through V+ also it does say it is DVI. Is there a way to change this as I have my VHD box set up through HDMI and all works fine
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 16:14
|
#12
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,924
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
I am assuming that you are using an HDMI cable and not a DVI one which would need a separate audio lead.
If it's your TV that is showing it is DVI, double check that you have chosen the HDMI option in your TV menu.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
25-03-2012, 18:55
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Try something else in your tvs HDMI socket Blu ray player, ps3 etc to make sure it's not a faulty HDMI socket.
|
|
|
26-03-2012, 16:56
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
All the other devices work fine like my BluRay player. And the TV has 3 ports and the V+ works in none of them.
When I plug my V+ box in the input changes from 'HDMI1' to 'DVI'. What's this about?
|
|
|
26-03-2012, 17:14
|
#15
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: No sound on HDMI
For some reason your TV thinks you are plugging an DVI cable in. Can you speak to Cello's tech support department?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55.
|