Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | frequent blue screen tivo box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sort by - author
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2012, 12:17   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think
 
Itshim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Sort by - author

Ok the praises for TiVo and what it can "find" are well known. Also that I can find no use for them is also well documented.
Can it find by author. To be clearer. I enjoy reading /watching certain authors- Dickens ,Austin, H G Wells to name a few. Would / could it find a "show" based on their works.

If not that would be a addition I would find very useful
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2012, 12:56   #2
andy_m
cf.mega poster
 
andy_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Sort by - author

The machine itself is capable of it, but it would require the epg data to mention the author for it to be able to find it. A search for Dickens does find Charles, and allows you to setup a wishlist. A search for Wells does find H.G., gives his date and place of birth and again allows a wishlist search. No shows found for either author, however, which could be because there aren't any in the next two weeks or because the epg data isn't currently sufficient. I don't know which. And to what will probably be my eternal shame, I don't know who you mean by Austin so haven't searched that name.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 14:21   #3
MalteseFalcon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Sort by - author

I think he may have meant Jane Austen.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 14:24   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think
 
Itshim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Re: Sort by - author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I think he may have meant Jane Austen.
Quite correct. I did not expect anyone to go to so much trouble.

I mention names purely to show what I meant
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 17:59   #5
passingbat
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Sort by - author

I'd create a whishlist for each author and enter the name in both the title Keyword and the general Keyword. Be sure to put brackets around each of them so that you don't have to have both present for it to record.

That may not pick everything up, but I would have thought it would pick some up.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 22:13   #6
andy_m
cf.mega poster
 
andy_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Sort by - author

I did think you meant Austen, but didn't want to look silly in case there was also an Austin. If I get a moment tomorrow I'll set up one or two of these wishlists and report back.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 22:29   #7
jempalmer
Guest
 
Location: West Sussex
Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Posts: n/a
Re: Sort by - author

Could have been Steve Austin?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum