Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Throttling Usenet (Port 119, 1818, 23)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin media availability
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2011, 23:11   #1
alexbg
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
alexbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin media availability

Hi there

I would be very grateful if anyone could please point me in the right direction of who I can approach with this.

Basically, in the area of Glasgow where I live, I am getting an extremely poor Broadband Service - at best I can only hit 2MB through my BT line - which is pretty frustrating at the best of times. I have pursued this with BT, however I keep getting told that I am too far from my exchange (Springburn) to get a faster service.

So - in the meantime - I have been looking at alternative services in my area - much to my surprise, there is no Cable service in my area at all - I have been on the phone to Virgin Media today about this, the guy I spoke to was pretty unhelpful, he just kept going on something about how there were "no more available licences" for new cabling, so there wasn't really any chance of getting a cable service in my area at all. Is anyone else aware of this "licencing" issue as regards companies laying new cables - or have I just been fed a large pile of bullsh*t?

Has anyone else out there been able to successfully push for getting a cable service installed in your area? If so, I would love to hear how you went about it - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards


Alex

Robroyston, Glasgow
alexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2011, 05:11   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin media availability

Try posting in this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/62...be-we-can.html
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 18:27   #3
alexbg
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
alexbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Virgin media availability

Thanks Masque - I've sent that guy a PM re my situation, however I've not yet received a reply - will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.... :-)

I also note that you work for Virgin Media - what's your thoughts on this - have you ever heard about this "licencing issue" which is preventing new cabling from being done?
alexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 19:35   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin media availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbg View Post
Thanks Masque - I've sent that guy a PM re my situation, however I've not yet received a reply - will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.... :-)

I also note that you work for Virgin Media - what's your thoughts on this - have you ever heard about this "licencing issue" which is preventing new cabling from being done?
I am a technical support agent whereas that is his job so he will be the best person to answer, also post in that thread as well.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45   #5
zzikester
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
zzikester is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin media availability

I have been in contact with Maurice Daw at Virgin Media. The robroyston area around Brookfield Estate is getting cabled as we speak as I am sure you have seen. They are waiting on Scottish Power to complete their part and then they expect to complete for service by end September. However they did promise me that it would have been complete lat Autumn so we will see. 100Mb broadband now thats what I am talking about
zzikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 18:35   #6
xAnthonyFordx
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
xAnthonyFordx is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Virgin media availability

Just contacted a customer service expert for virgin media regarding fibre optic in robroyston brookfield area this is what they said:

Me: Hi there i was just contacting regarding people have been saying there is going to be fibre optic broadband in my area robroyston glasgow brookfield estate i would like to know if this is true or not.

Emma: Hi Anthony, Yes we can confirm there is going to be fibre optic cable in your area by the middle or end of september. If you have any questions regarding this just call 0845 840 7777 to speak with them.

So things looking forward for robroyston broadband in our area so we dont get stuck with 0.5 mbps :\ yawn takes for ever to load anything.
xAnthonyFordx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 14:04   #7
xAnthonyFordx
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
xAnthonyFordx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin media availability

Hi there just wondering if you could tell me. My broadband was at 90-110kbp/s and now today its at 45kbp/s wow what a diffrence can't even load a webpage or youtube video? do you know anything wriong in my area?

G33 1SJ

Many thanks if you can help
xAnthonyFordx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:57.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum