R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
04-04-2011, 14:30
|
#1
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
Yep, the newspaper that was launched in 1986 and actually makes The Sun and The Star look upmarket, the Daily Sport has finally folded along with it's sister paper, the Sunday Sport.
According to the BBC, these papers reached their peak ciculation in 2005, but since then have been badly hit by both the availability of Lads mags, and the availability of free porn on the Internet.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12958143
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 14:32
|
#2
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
What a shame lol.
Used to read it daily when I was 15/16, haha.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 14:59
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
Only sad men bought that paper on their way to work
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 15:45
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega pornstar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19,500
|
Re: R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
What a shame lol.
Used to read it daily when I was 15/16, haha.
|
No more booby tuesday...
I used to read it at work, some one would always have a copy and the letters page was outrageous, complete fiction obviously but outrageous never the less.
---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
Only sad men bought that paper on their way to work 
|
At least they had jobs
|
|
|
05-04-2011, 12:29
|
#5
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nottinghamshire
Services: VM 50meg and SKY TV HD+.
Posts: 146
|
Re: R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart
Yep, the newspaper that was launched in 1986 and actually makes The Sun and The Star look upmarket, the Daily Sport has finally folded along with it's sister paper, the Sunday Sport.
According to the BBC, these papers reached their peak ciculation in 2005, but since then have been badly hit by both the availability of Lads mags, and the availability of free porn on the Internet.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12958143
|
I remember the time when they said "Elvis was alive and well". My father in law actually thought it was true.
|
|
|
05-04-2011, 18:45
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
|
Re: R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
Where will Arthur get his news from now?
|
|
|
05-04-2011, 18:54
|
#7
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,102
|
Re: R.I.P Daily (and Sunday) Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
Where will Arthur get his news from now? 
|
Does it matter, We never know from where his news comes because he never gives a ruddy link anyway
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37.
|