ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
08-01-2011, 08:50
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
|
ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Hi guys, I am a full VM subscriber, I have XL TV - V+ HD, L Phone, 50mb BB, £30pm VMobile. I am out of contract with my Media services and am wanting the current deal for ViP 50 ( http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles/...e-package.html) which is £60.66 a month for the first 6 months, then £85.16 a month. I have rang CS a number of times but no one will allow me to use this offer as it is for new customers only. Is there a way to take advantage of this offer if I start a new 12mnth contract or will I have to cancel all services and then resubscribe. This seems a bit of a faff on but if I really need to I am willing. I just wanted to double check that there is NO WAY of me taking this offer.
Many Thanks
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 08:54
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
It used to be 6 months after cancellation and before resubscription for VM to count you as a new customer..
Speak to retentions (the thinking of leaving us option on the phone) and see what they can offer
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 08:56
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
My contract ran out last September. I will try retentions like you say, the only people I have spoken to where two indian ladys, not very helpfull at all.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 08:59
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
The contract running out and cancellation are not the same, the only thing the "out of contract" means is that you can leave without paying a penalty
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 09:03
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
I see. Ill take your advice tho. If not Ill just cancel and start over
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 09:14
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
As I said, if you cancel and expect the new customers package you have to wait 6 months
Ring up retentions though you might find yourself on a new 18 month contract
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 09:18
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Well, Rang retentions, was told that even if I cancelled I would not be allowed to take up the offer as I technically would still not be a "new customer". So, where do I go from here, Ill have to have a think about the savings I could of made and the extra I could be paying. May have a look at Sky. There normaly biteing at the bit to get ex VM customers. Moneys really tight atm and I need to make savings, its just a shame that my "media" is the first to suffer.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 09:25
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Did you actually ask retentions "what's the best you can do for me?" or did you just try to get the new customers deal??
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 09:29
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
I asked whats the best, was told to take a look at the existing customer offers over at the website. I may just need to downsize my packages to save the extra pennies.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 14:14
|
#10
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
If there is anyone else in your household ie. Partner and you cancel your sub, can the other person be a new customer straight away? Or do VM go by address when it comes to qualifying as a new customer?
Hopefully that is a loophole you can exploit
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 15:31
|
#11
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45
If there is anyone else in your household ie. Partner and you cancel your sub, can the other person be a new customer straight away? Or do VM go by address when it comes to qualifying as a new customer?
Hopefully that is a loophole you can exploit
|
They have a 90 period to prevent you doing exactly that.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 17:28
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque
They have a 90 period to prevent you doing exactly that.
|
Devil's advocate here.....
... so if a Virgin Media customer cancels their services because they have sold the property, the next owner of the property will not be allowed to order Virgin Media services until 90 days since the last owner cancelled his services?
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 17:30
|
#13
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
Devil's advocate here.....
... so if a Virgin Media customer cancels their services because they have sold the property, the next owner of the property will not be allowed to order Virgin Media services until 90 days since the last owner cancelled his services?
|
They have proof of the move which is different.
I know that NTL used to have this done to them all the time and they stopped it once the merger took place, if the has been any change I expect that Ben will advise as such.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 17:32
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
Devil's advocate here.....
... so if a Virgin Media customer cancels their services because they have sold the property, the next owner of the property will not be allowed to order Virgin Media services until 90 days since the last owner cancelled his services?
|
no new residents are fine.... Wives/husbands.& partners* (*who are financially connected) can not become a "new" customer while the current account holder is registered at the same address.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 17:33
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: ViP 50 - Out of Contract - Help needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
no.... Wives/husbands.& partners* (*who are financially connected) can not become a "new" customer while the current account holder is registered at the same address.
|
Excellent - so they are 'caught' by the credit check.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10.
|