The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
06-10-2010, 18:42
|
#1
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11479323
Quote:
The fen raft spider is not only the rarest spider in Britain but one of the rarest organisms in the UK.
In a project funded by Natural England, the John Innes Centre in Norwich is breeding and studying the species in preparation for releasing them into the wild
|
Interesting to some but I guess the spider haters won't look.
I like spiders and the next chavvy idiot who tells me they crawl into your mouth when you are asleep will get...
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:09
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sutton-In-Ashfield
Age: 48
Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
Posts: 3,580
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Excellent stuff. I like spiders though lol.
Saw this slightly strange one on my kitchen ceiling the other night...
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:15
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: M'boro
Age: 70
Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Posts: 1,818
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSilence
Excellent stuff. I like spiders though lol.
Saw this slightly strange one on my kitchen ceiling the other night...
|
very interesting specimen this .... 
It of course, being the tooth tapping tonsil tickler of tonga, very rare indeed. (just make sure there isn't any in the bedroom 'cos they will drop into your open ...eeerrrr
actually it's just called a house spider
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:25
|
#4
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,323
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
|
You mean they don't crawl into......
I can't and won't click on any links to do with spiders. I can't be in the same room as one. Size of them doesn't matter either, obviously if it's too big I won't share the same house.
This guy sounds sick !
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:32
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sutton-In-Ashfield
Age: 48
Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
Posts: 3,580
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbs
very interesting specimen this .... 
It of course, being the tooth tapping tonsil tickler of tonga, very rare indeed. (just make sure there isn't any in the bedroom 'cos they will drop into your open ...eeerrrr
actually it's just called a house spider 
|
Lol, yes... But I meant that it's only got 6 legs
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:32
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Ahhh, is that how test tube babies are made..fascinating
(PS i don't like spiders, they don't last long in my flat)
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:50
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
Posts: 4,143
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25
(PS i don't like spiders, they don't last long in my flat)
|
Do they all disappear while you're asleep. 
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:52
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Very nice.
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 19:58
|
#9
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
why the SMEG did I even look !!!!!
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 20:18
|
#10
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
why the SMEG did I even look !!!!! 
|
I don't know.The clue was in the thread title.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 20:22
|
#11
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
I'm far too curious lol.....
At the weekend someone was playinig with a radio controlled tarantula near me - that did not end well for the tarantula I can tell you!
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 21:45
|
#12
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,397
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
I dare him to do it to this one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_birdeater
Quote:
|
It is native to the rain forest regions of northern South America. These spiders can have a leg span of up to 12 inch (30 cm) and can weigh over 6 ounces (170 g).
|
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 22:19
|
#13
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
|
Is that the babies or the adults?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 22:32
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,785
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut
You mean they don't crawl into......
I can't and won't click on any links to do with spiders. I can't be in the same room as one. Size of them doesn't matter either, obviously if it's too big I won't share the same house.
This guy sounds sick !
|
Haha - me neither.
One fell on my shoulder once and and the response was: "Cath, don't look".
I FELT the thump! And it was huge.
They might as well be an axe murderer - irrational I know 
Keep a bloke handy
But I may just peek at the link and... I'm far too inquisitive...
but may just move on
|
|
|
06-10-2010, 22:39
|
#15
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: The man who feeds flies to baby spiders with his mouth
Nah I spent the first 7 years of my life shaking out my shoes every morning in case of scorpions or venomous snakes and spiders too.
My mother was terrified I'd find something, I was disappointed when I didn't.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:39.
|