26-03-2009, 19:23
|
#1
|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midlands
Age: 45
Services: Sky + HD family pack
50mb XXL
Phone M
Sutton Coldfield TX
Posts: 1,283
|
Swollen hand advice
Last Sunday one of my ex partners family members came around and tried to push his way into my house. I hit him.
About 30 minutes after my knuckle below my little finger started to swell. Could hardly move it.
Fast forward to today and the hand is still swollen. I can move my finger more but still not make a fist and its still swollen. It has slight bruising to.
Any ideas?
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:26
|
#2
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central
Last Sunday one of my ex partners family members came around and tried to push his way into my house. I hit him.
About 30 minutes after my knuckle below my little finger started to swell. Could hardly move it.
Fast forward to today and the hand is still swollen. I can move my finger more but still not make a fist and its still swollen. It has slight bruising to.
Any ideas?
|
Possibly broken and in need of an X- ray so try your local A+E as you do not want it to set wrong if that is the case.
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:28
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central
Any ideas?
|
You hit him too hard?
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:29
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Posts: 12,384
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
You hit him too hard?
|
More likely with the wrong part of your fist.....
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:32
|
#5
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
The average person when punching another person quite often breaks a bone as they are unaware of how to correctly form a fist and strike a person so as not to actually injure themselves.
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:45
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova
The average person when punching another person quite often breaks a bone as they are unaware of how to correctly form a fist and strike a person so as not to actually injure themselves.
|
That's why I use my head
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:47
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mansfield
Age: 60
Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
Posts: 5,532
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central
Last Sunday one of my ex partners family members came around and tried to push his way into my house. I hit him.
About 30 minutes after my knuckle below my little finger started to swell. Could hardly move it.
Fast forward to today and the hand is still swollen. I can move my finger more but still not make a fist and its still swollen. It has slight bruising to.
Any ideas?
|
Unfortunately I used to suffer from this problem my little finger knuckle on either left or right would swell up like a golf ball. More than likely bruised I know with my hands it could and would more often than not stay up for 2-3 weeks.
__________________
Music is life - Live a fun one - listen to SKA!
I'm super lazy today!! Which is like normal lazy, but I'm also wearing a cape......
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:48
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
That's why I use my head 
|
So many jokes so little time [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:51
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova
So many jokes so little time 
|
That was my first one tonight
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 19:53
|
#10
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
That was my first one tonight 
|
I meant that I could have made not you, that was an open invite to make funny remarks.
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 20:00
|
#11
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova
I meant that I could have made not you, that was an open invite to make funny remarks.
|
Oh.
 you look like an ape.
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 20:49
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,567
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova
Possibly broken and in need of an X- ray so try your local A+E as you do not want it to set wrong if that is the case.
|
Definitely this.
I had something similar, although I hadn't hit anyone, I don't think, I did it new years and can't remember how.
Went to A&E with it the next day, and it was broke, ended up I've had to have an operation on it and get the bone pinned.
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 21:05
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
What you are describing sounds like a "bar room fracture" (fracture of the 5th metacarpal). Go to A&E and get an xray. In the meantime ice the area (no longer than 10 minutes at a time, 4 or 5 times a day)
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 21:21
|
#14
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
Oh.
 you look like an ape.
|
Now now, I only said that I could have made jokes about it but did not and you call me an ape, at least you could have done is get a better smiley like this one [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
|
|
|
26-03-2009, 21:29
|
#15
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Swollen hand advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova
Now now, I only said that I could have made jokes about it but did not and you call me an ape,
|
You said that it was an open invite to make funny remarks.
Can't beat that one
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:35.
|