Problem recording from STB
05-08-2004, 12:10
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,528
|
Re: Recording Cable on Holiday
Ok, Im about to sound very stupid here, but have had no sucess whatsoever in taping from my NTL box, I put the scart lead from the place in the pace box where it says video, and the other end in the video recorder, put in a blank, press record and it records, but it doesnt record anything
|
|
|
05-08-2004, 12:13
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrington ntl:81304 Altitude: 12m (and falling)
Posts: 4,499
|
Re: Recording Cable on Holiday
New thread required here I think please Mods.
Kliro, Can you play back tapes through this scart lead?
Can you record anything at all using your VCR?
|
|
|
05-08-2004, 12:26
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nottingham
Services: O2 ADSL Broadband with BT line and Freesat from Sky
Posts: 175
|
Re: Recording Cable on Holiday
Kliro, Just a thought have you set the video to AV channel?
|
|
|
05-08-2004, 17:05
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
|
Re: Recording Cable on Holiday
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by altis
New thread required here I think please Mods.
|
Done
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by GazzaB
Kliro, Just a thought have you set the video to AV channel?
|
Also, as well as that....
Does the VCR have more than one SCART socket? Some VCRs have 2 - one which is an output only, & one which is an output *and* an input. If so, is the SCART in the correct one?
|
|
|
05-08-2004, 17:16
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Cablevision
Posts: 8,305
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
As already said,
1. make sure you are recording from the SCART.
If your VCR is set to channel 1 (BBC1 on the coax cable), then pressing channel down usually takes you to AV3, 2, 1 try recording a few seconds on each of these. Hopefully you should find a picture.
2. If the VCR has a scart connection to the TV, this may be the TV picture, so if you have found one you get a picutre on, then record it, while recordign switch the tv off for a few seconds and back on again. If you had a picture through that then you have the right channel.
3. Stick a note to the top of the VCR, the VCR remote etc to remind you to set it to AV1 (or whatever iti s called) when you want to record. Mine is pretty much permanently on that channel now.
|
|
|
13-08-2004, 14:59
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrington ntl:81304 Altitude: 12m (and falling)
Posts: 4,499
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
Come in Kliro, your time is up!
Have you got anywhere with this problem?
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 19:23
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,528
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
Sorry I forgot about this thread, thanks for the help Ive got it sorted now, reps are in order.
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 21:33
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Age: 62
Posts: 15,868
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
That's a serious bit of thread bumping
|
|
|
09-02-2005, 20:11
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
Hi everyone, (inc. Mods)
I'm new to this particular forum. I can see by some of these threads that there is a vast amount of knowledge out there.
So... without furhter ado.
My problem is; I cannot record any programme from my ntl: (pace) box.
Story... My TV has only 1 scart socket. I have a VCR and DVD player and of course my ntl: box. Before I bought my DVD player everything worked fine.
I've since had to buy one of those scart extension leads. It is colour coded; Red=Video, Yellow=DVD and Green=AUX... Great! Trouble is now I have this all connected up it does (or doesn't), do the following;
1. I cannot record from my ntl: box,
2. If I'm watching a channel on my ntl box (AV) and I then switch on my DVD player, I then get a cutting ghosting effect of that over what I'm watching.
Basically things have gone a bit haywire.
I think because I now have 2 devices going into the same scart (AV) that this may be my problem....BUT...What is the point of selling an extension scart lead if this problem occurs?
breathe piquet...
The best solutions are sometimes the easiest...please let this be one of them.
VMT in advance
piquet41
|
|
|
10-02-2005, 00:10
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nottingham NG6 (ex-NTL Langley)
Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
Posts: 285
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
Buy one of these from Argos for a tenner  (I use one and can vouch for their excellence - mind you I have quite a few more appliances than you)
Then, have one SCART from your DVD player going into the scart box from Argos
One SCART from your NTL box to your VCR
One SCART from your NTL box to your scart box from Argos
One SCART lead from your scart box to the back of your TV
You then press the switch to indicate which source (eg DVD or NTL) you want to watch - prevents interference between the boxes.
You won't need a hook up from your VCR to the TV (although you can if you want), as when you press PLA on your VCR it will override the NTL box
Hope that helps.
|
|
|
10-02-2005, 08:05
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by clayts
Buy one of these from Argos for a tenner  (I use one and can vouch for their excellence - mind you I have quite a few more appliances than you)
Then, have one SCART from your DVD player going into the scart box from Argos
One SCART from your NTL box to your VCR
One SCART from your NTL box to your scart box from Argos
One SCART lead from your scart box to the back of your TV
You then press the switch to indicate which source (eg DVD or NTL) you want to watch - prevents interference between the boxes.
You won't need a hook up from your VCR to the TV (although you can if you want), as when you press PLA on your VCR it will override the NTL box
Hope that helps.
|
Hi clayts,
See, I told mysellf I thought there was a simple solution... Cheers clyats your a diamond.
The setup I have does not have the option to switch between devices. What then is the point of my device? hope that is not too stupid a question.
piquet41
|
|
|
11-02-2005, 01:17
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nottingham NG6 (ex-NTL Langley)
Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
Posts: 285
|
Re: Problem recording from STB
I have no idea what that lead does - it actually sounds like a SCART to component video lead, if such a thing exists, which will be of no use to you.
The Argos box'll sort you
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:40.
|