01-02-2005, 08:08
|
#1
|
|
Guest
Location: Bury
Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Posts: n/a
|
Crackly TV
Aloha,
I've been getting interference on my telly - crackling, particular when graphics are on screen. The telly is new though not what you'd call top of the range. We've also recently suffered temporary loss of some channels - re-boot generally seems to sort that out.
I have NTL DTV via the original C&W STB we had installed donkeys ago. Any thoughts out there as to whether the TV, scart or STB might be at fault?
Cheers,
Andy
|
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 08:22
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: Crackly TV
Crackly as in noise or interference on the screen?
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 08:22
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: Crackly TV
Can you try another TV (portable for example) into the STB?
That way, if the problem is still there you will know it's STB related, & if not you will know it's your TV.
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 08:31
|
#4
|
|
Guest
Location: Bury
Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Crackly TV
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by dezzo
Crackly as in noise or interference on the screen?
|
Sorry, crackly as in noise. Pic is fine.
__________________
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Neil
Can you try another TV (portable for example) into the STB?
That way, if the problem is still there you will know it's STB related, & if not you will know it's your TV.
|
That's such a blindingly obvious idea I'm hanging my head in shame  Somebody please red rep me in punishment. It's the least I deserve.
Can do that, but not right now. I've actually got to do some work today (hoping no interesting and irresistible threads get posted daytime otherwise I'm gonna be skint!).
|
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 09:26
|
#5
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Crackly TV
Also, a few more things to check:
- Have you put in any other equipment next to the TV ? eg. some speakers, Hifi, etc, as this can sometimes cause interference. Try moving it away from it.
- Check all connections and cables are properly connected.
Its probably none of the above, but its worth quickly checking with you.
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 09:48
|
#6
|
|
Guest
Location: Bury
Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Crackly TV
Thanks for the posts - gonna be a while before I can check the telly box. In the interim one thing that does occur - I'm in Bury, North Manchester; anyone around here having similar issues?
|
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 11:13
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester
Services: 2mb bb, tv and phone
Posts: 11
|
Re: Crackly TV
I get crackly noise on certain channels, but not every channel. I reckon it's the box. It has only been intermittent so I've never looked further into it. I'm in Eccles, Manchester.
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 11:27
|
#8
|
|
Guest
Location: Bury
Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Crackly TV
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by mini-moog
I get crackly noise on certain channels, but not every channel. I reckon it's the box. It has only been intermittent so I've never looked further into it. I'm in Eccles, Manchester.
|
mine's been intermittent too (which could be in the flaw in the swapping over the telly to check). was bad last night. seems to be worse on some channels than others.
|
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 12:11
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Croydon
Age: 40
Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Posts: 1,310
|
Re: Crackly TV
Isn't this that known problem with the currently Bromley software that a few members have mentioned before?
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 17:24
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manchester
Age: 54
Services: Phone line
Posts: 305
|
Re: Crackly TV
There has been a problem in the Manchester area with some channels over the past few weeks. It is definitely at the ntl end (confirmed by other users and by the ntl engineer that came to witness). It has been better in the last week but hopefully they will fix it soon. This relates only to lost channels (where the screen blanks for a few seconds).
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 17:36
|
#11
|
|
Guest
Location: Bury
Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Crackly TV
If it happens tonight - the crackling - I'll try and swiftly swap over to the portable to see if it's telly related. Thing is I bought a new telly last September then took it back a couple of weeks ago because of a fault with it accepting signals from the remote. The crackling happened on both tellys though and whilst still intermittent, does seem to be getting worse. Part of me does wonder if the STB needs replacing cos it's well old (and I'd like a remote with a functional volume control which the C&w one doesn't!!).
|
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 20:49
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Crackly TV
What channels does it do it on?
|
|
|
01-02-2005, 21:01
|
#13
|
|
Guest
Location: Bury
Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Crackly TV
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by spiderplant
What channels does it do it on?
|
E4 was crackly last night and I think Beeb 2
|
|
|
|
02-02-2005, 00:23
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Services: Virgin Media TV and Broadband
Posts: 51
|
Re: Crackly TV
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by andyl
The crackling happened on both tellys though and whilst still intermittent, does seem to be getting worse.
Part of me does wonder if the STB needs replacing cos it's well old (and I'd like a remote with a functional volume control which the C&w one doesn't!!)
|
I experienced some intermittent audio crackling when I first had a Pace DiTV 1000 STB.I reported the problem and it soon disappeared, so it was a signal issue rather than a faulty STB.
BTW, the C&W remote soon will have though!
|
|
|
02-02-2005, 20:36
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hove
Age: 38
Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
Posts: 288
|
Re: Crackly TV
 Good one
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19.
|