Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Different looking speed cameras?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Phobias
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2004, 00:25   #1
Macca371
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Phobias

What kind of phobias do people have here?

I hate heights, deep water, and going through clouds.
  Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2004, 00:27   #2
Bex
Inactive
 
Bex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex
Re: Phobias

heights and spiders
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 00:29   #3
Earl of Bronze
Guest
 
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
Re: Phobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex
heights and spiders
Spiders.......................uuuuuugh, horrible, nasty critters.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 01:36   #4
ZrByte
Inactive
 
ZrByte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wirral / Ex CWC Area
Age: 43
Posts: 3,251
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Phobias

Heights
lack of control - May be an odd one that, I dont need to be in control of a situation (Im not a control freak), I just can't stand beeing completeley out of control in any situation.
And another slightly odd one... Medium sized spiders (I love the tiny ones, and the massive ones but those ones inbetween like the biggest we get in this country freak me out)
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 03:07   #5
greencreeper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Leeds - the dog house
Age: 49
Services: Email me for a current price list
Posts: 8,270
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
Re: Phobias

Bananas

It's the stringy and mushy brown bits
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 06:10   #6
Alanmelon
Inactive
 
Alanmelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 733
Alanmelon has reached the bronze age
Alanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Alanmelon
Re: Phobias

Moths, well anything that is small and flies really. I think its the hairyness of moths which gets me!
Alanmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 06:12   #7
Chimaera
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,223
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Re: Phobias

Aeroplanes!
I'm not to keen on heights (but did manage the London Eye a few weeks ago without too much of a panic) but until a short while ago even driving past an airport was a no-no. It's not a fear of flying - just the planes! I have even been known to run for cover if I see a low flying one.
I am trying to overcome my phobia now - I have set a target to be able to go on holiday abroad later this year - I've had a trip to Heathrow just to look and can drive on the M11 without freaking out when I pass Stanstead and Duxford!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 06:30   #8
Escapee
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: This Planet
Posts: 4,028
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: Phobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca371
What kind of phobias do people have here?

I hate heights, deep water, and going through clouds.
Marraige!
Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 06:50   #9
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Phobias

Spiders - When I see a large furry one I can do a passable warp speed away from it
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 07:27   #10
zoombini
cf.mega poster
 
zoombini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: England
Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
Posts: 3,732
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age
Re: Phobias

I have "Casserolaphobia".

"Fear of Casseroles", I cannot stand them... lol
__________________
Not really visiting CF much these days....
If you need me, PM me.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 08:04   #11
homealone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Phobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Aeroplanes!
I'm not to keen on heights (but did manage the London Eye a few weeks ago without too much of a panic) but until a short while ago even driving past an airport was a no-no. It's not a fear of flying - just the planes! I have even been known to run for cover if I see a low flying one.
I am trying to overcome my phobia now - I have set a target to be able to go on holiday abroad later this year - I've had a trip to Heathrow just to look and can drive on the M11 without freaking out when I pass Stanstead and Duxford!
I think you will find actually going on a plane, quite exiting, the acceleration during take-off will come as a surprise, for a start. Once flying, it isn't much different to being on a coach, except for the view, which is great, except over the sea, which is a bit boring. Landing is not as scarey as you might imagine - the worst bit is the pressure change affecting your ears, usually the cabin staff hand out boiled sweets, which can help to 'pop' your ears & equalise the pressure.

Funny thing - I don't like heights, but looking down out of a plane doesn't seem the same as, say, off the edge of a cliff - you'll love it
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 08:05   #12
Bifta
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: Phobias

Spiders & dentists ... both of them make my skin crawl.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 08:07   #13
Ramrod
Inactive
 
Ramrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Phobias

No phobias as such but the ocean unsettles me......something to do with watching Jaws when I was little
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 08:17   #14
CaKe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South Coast
Age: 44
Posts: 90
CaKe will become famous soon enoughCaKe will become famous soon enoughCaKe will become famous soon enough
Re: Phobias

Spiders, dentists *shudder*, cows (was chased by some when I was younger) and any flying animal - birds, moths, butterflies etc.

Would love to know where these "irrational" phobias come from though!
CaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 08:18   #15
Nugget
Inactive
 
Nugget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Phobias

Dunno if it's a phobia or not, but I can't stand clowns and never have liked them. I think it's the film of IT and the awful harlequin thing in Poltergeist - put it this way, I don't think I'm ever going to the circus!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:58.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum