Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable Modem on...and off....and on...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cancelling NTL Broadband

Old 14-07-2004, 19:42   #1
lincsat
Inactive

lincsat is an unknown quantity at this point
Cancelling NTL Broadband

Does Cancelling NTL Broadband also cancel the NTL World E-mail account? If not how long does the NTL World e-mail remain active?
lincsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2004, 19:46   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Cancelling NTL Broadband

Yeah, as far as I know - unless the ntlworld email address is tied to an NTL dial-up account rather than to the BB account.

(but if I'm wrong, then can someone please correct me )
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 20:04   #3
gary_580

Not sure about that. I had NTL dial up and when i moved to BB had the same email account.
Old 14-07-2004, 20:28   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_580
Not sure about that. I had NTL dial up and when i moved to BB had the same email account.
IIRC there is a point during registration where you get the choice of keeping the dialup addy separate & getting a new one for BB, or 'porting' it to the BB account. We opted to keep ours separate, so still have two accounts.
Old 14-07-2004, 20:39   #5
gary_580

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
IIRC there is a point during registration where you get the choice of keeping the dialup addy separate & getting a new one for BB, or 'porting' it to the BB account. We opted to keep ours separate, so still have two accounts.
oh, too many years ago for me to remember that. lol
Old 15-07-2004, 08:21   #6
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

I cancelled all yet I can still access my NTL bb email account.

Shows you how good at closing things they are
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 10:46   #7
gary_580

Do they leave it open for a period of time?
Old 15-07-2004, 10:50   #8
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

It should be closed when you cancel.

Some set top box customers may find it stays open for a short time, however, a script is being worked on that is going to close all email accounts that don't have a valid broadband or dialup account to go with them, so expect it to stop working soon.

Also coming to Harmony will be the facility most ISPs now have, whereby if you have a PAYG dialup account and don't login for 30 days, the email address will stop working. So ultimately will be necessary to have an active ntl internet access account to use the email services, which is only right and proper.
Old 15-07-2004, 19:37   #9
madcap
Inactive

madcap is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
It should be closed when you cancel.

Some set top box customers may find it stays open for a short time, however, a script is being worked on that is going to close all email accounts that don't have a valid broadband or dialup account to go with them, so expect it to stop working soon.

Also coming to Harmony will be the facility most ISPs now have, whereby if you have a PAYG dialup account and don't login for 30 days, the email address will stop working. So ultimately will be necessary to have an active ntl internet access account to use the email services, which is only right and proper.
what a load of boll***s my main e-mail addy is from my payg dial-up account that only gets used when BB is down, is it safe to assume that I'll lose my website too then?
madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 21:56   #10
Inactive

50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era50420 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap
what a load of boll***s my main e-mail addy is from my payg dial-up account that only gets used when BB is down, is it safe to assume that I'll lose my website too then?

apparently its just gonna affect the mail boxes for the unused accounts....
this includes dial up AND broadband accounts
any emails being stored on the server will be deleted when the mailbox is 'turned off'
to reactive the account go to the “your email options” on the ntlworld homepage and change the password on the affected account
50420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 09:04   #11
Nick_15
Inactive

Nick_15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Last month I cancelled my TV & phone but kept the BB, I got a cable box when NTL removed my STB.
What was not made clear was the fact that you have to set a new account up, you cannot carry the old BB account on. I was lucky that with the help of tech support they migrated my old email across. He recommended that I back up my old webspace, which I did. I Just looked and its still up.

The installation disc should be clearer, instead of asking if I had an dial up account, to which I answered no. It should ask if I have had another NTL account. This would help in migrating my account over.
Nick_15 is offline   Reply With Quote