Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PL56 message

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Where's my flippin' letter?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2011, 21:48   #1
OLDGOLD
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 282
OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough
Where's my flippin' letter?

On 4 January I made a request through the VM website to upgrade my TV to XL from M along with 2 V+HD boxes. Had an email back the next day confirming installation date 17.01.11. However, where it is supposed to confirm how much my new package will be it said "...a special bundle offer of <input offer e.g. tv:xl triples>". I've also just had my latest bill and there's some peculiar goings on there as well.

The email also said that everything would be confirmed soon in a letter, so I thought I'd wait for that to arrive as that would hopefully explain everything, but I still haven't received this letter and beginning to get a bit annoyed that I haven't received clarity of exactly what I'm paying.

I phoned Customer Services yesterday and spoke to someone in what I assume was their overseas call centre. He confirmed some of the details, but to be honest, he didn't leave me feeling over confident about the info he gave me.

I'm hoping the letter will explain everything, but does it normally take this long for the letters to reach the customer? I know mail is nowadays known as 'snail mail' but 10 days??!!!???
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2011, 21:54   #2
mersey70
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wirral
Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
Posts: 1,485
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: Where's my flippin' letter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
On 4 January I made a request through the VM website to upgrade my TV to XL from M along with 2 V+HD boxes. Had an email back the next day confirming installation date 17.01.11. However, where it is supposed to confirm how much my new package will be it said "...a special bundle offer of <input offer e.g. tv:xl triples>". I've also just had my latest bill and there's some peculiar goings on there as well.

The email also said that everything would be confirmed soon in a letter, so I thought I'd wait for that to arrive as that would hopefully explain everything, but I still haven't received this letter and beginning to get a bit annoyed that I haven't received clarity of exactly what I'm paying.

I phoned Customer Services yesterday and spoke to someone in what I assume was their overseas call centre. He confirmed some of the details, but to be honest, he didn't leave me feeling over confident about the info he gave me.

I'm hoping the letter will explain everything, but does it normally take this long for the letters to reach the customer? I know mail is nowadays known as 'snail mail' but 10 days??!!!???
I'm sure when I joined VM my contract only came a day or so before installation.

When I upgraded to V+ i'm sure it came after it was installed.

Maybe use the 'contact us' form on the website to get a written response or (if you can) call during working hours if you would prefer to speak to a UK operator.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 17:01   #3
OLDGOLD
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 282
OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough
Re: Where's my flippin' letter?

Thanks for the reply mersey70.

The letter arrived today. Typical!

I think my lack of confidence in the agent I spoke to was justified too as on my contract the new monthly amount I'm paying was indeed different to the figure the agent gave me on the phone.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 17:19   #4
mersey70
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wirral
Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
Posts: 1,485
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: Where's my flippin' letter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
Thanks for the reply mersey70.

The letter arrived today. Typical!

I think my lack of confidence in the agent I spoke to was justified too as on my contract the new monthly amount I'm paying was indeed different to the figure the agent gave me on the phone.
To be honest the contracts are confusing as they list the full price and then have various discounts applied. At least mine did anyway.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:07.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum