Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Migration to O2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Migration to O2

Old 31-08-2023, 18:19   #31
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Migration to O2

Virgin Mobile have stopped taking new orders ahead of the final move of existing customers to O2 https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile
Old 01-09-2023, 11:47   #32
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

All three numbers on my account have now switched over to O2, however there have been some disconcerting messages.

1. Repeatedly messages have been received by may family telling them to follow a link if they want to keep their current number. The link leads to a form that asks for the number to be kept and then also asks for a PAC number. Since we are not voluntarily switching from Virgin Mobile to O2, this seems a bizarre request. We have chosen to ignore the whole thing and assume that our numbers will be kept anyway.

2. All three have us, even though two of us have not fully paid for our handsets with Virgin Media, have been told that we are free to upgrade. The assumption we made was that O2 was somehow absorbing the cost of our current phone to get us to spend even more on a new phone. We even started looking at what phones we could have. Today we got a message reminding us that if we upgraded our phones now, we would still have to pay off our Virgin Media contract. Obvious really! So, why did they offer us upgrades anyway? I must say that todays reminder did feel like a hastily posted afterthought, O2 realising that they had created a rush for new phones that was built on a misapprehension.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 16:37   #33
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have just 4 hours trying to cancel my VM to O2 sim (which I have never used)

We was on the ultimate oooph package and I just got a £24.98 unpaid bill from O2, so I spent 2 hours with VM changing my plan to remove the phone.

Then 1-1/2 on the phone to O2 but they had security issues, some I couldn't answer as I didn't have the number, then 30 mins instore and explained to them and eventually they got it cancelled.
Old 18-09-2023, 11:30   #34
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s a bizarre strategy for former Ultimate Oomph customers.

Discounting the Virgin bill and charging £25 for an O2 unlimited sim. Downgrade the SIM and knock the best part of £20 off your bill.

This is what happened to me when I got a I owe O2 £24.98, and found out why eventually.

But it was a nightmare trying to get through to O2 as their voice service was a joke and wouldn't put me through to a human.