Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

Old 29-09-2022, 16:18   #196
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

King Charles was said to have been there, so there would not have been any removal of the Standard, nor would it have been at half-mast, for the reason I’ve explained, the standard represents the current monarch, this immediately moved to Charles, upon the death of the Queen.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2022, 19:39   #197
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
King Charles was said to have been there, so there would not have been any removal of the Standard, nor would it have been at half-mast, for the reason I’ve explained, the standard represents the current monarch, this immediately moved to Charles, upon the death of the Queen.
A bit morbid, but does this mean William will have a Standard stashed away somewhere and would it travel with him at all times? You know just in case.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 19:59   #198
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
The Standard indeed always flies when the monarch is in residence, which is why this was a curious thing when the BBC zoomed in on the flagpole just after 3pm that afternoon:

The pre-union royal standard of Scotland is only flown at Balmoral and Holyrood when the monarch is not in residence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8A13141A-17E5-41B8-B13F-130A2179AF24.jpeg (49.3 KB, 86 views)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 20:00   #199
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
That was Chris. Nerd.
Old 29-09-2022, 20:30   #200
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The Standard indeed always flies when the monarch is in residence, which is why this was a curious thing when the BBC zoomed in on the flagpole just after 3pm that afternoon:

The pre-union royal standard of Scotland is only flown at Balmoral and Holyrood when the monarch is not in residence.
It’s possible Charles may not have been there, they did say, Anne was there. However, we do know that Prince William, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie all arrived well after 3:10PM, thus, didn’t get there in time to say their goodbyes.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
A bit morbid, but does this mean William will have a Standard stashed away somewhere and would it travel with him at all times? You know just in case.
It’s possible he will be there, as and when King Charles starts drawing his last breath. If not, if he’s in any of the palaces, they will always have a Royal Standard to hand.
Old 29-09-2022, 21:53   #201
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It’s possible Charles may not have been there, they did say, Anne was there. However, we do know that Prince William, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie all arrived well after 3:10PM, thus, didn’t get there in time to say their goodbyes.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

It’s possible he will be there, as and when King Charles starts drawing his last breath. If not, if he’s in any of the palaces, they will always have a Royal Standard to hand.
I think it’s possible that the issue was that the monarch’s presence at a house isn’t what leads to the standard being flown - it’s residence. Charles was with the Queen but he wasn’t staying at Balmoral, he was staying at Birkhall, elsewhere on the estate.

Strict protocol would require the standard to be lowered at Balmoral until Charles instructed that he would be staying (in residence) there.
Old 30-09-2022, 02:06   #202
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think it’s possible that the issue was that the monarch’s presence at a house isn’t what leads to the standard being flown - it’s residence. Charles was with the Queen but he wasn’t staying at Balmoral, he was staying at Birkhall, elsewhere on the estate.

Strict protocol would require the standard to be lowered at Balmoral until Charles instructed that he would be staying (in residence) there.
Royal Standard is never flown at half-mast, even at the death of the serving sovereign, succession being immediate, there is always a monarch, so it flies at full mast only and it does fly even when the Monarch is only visiting a palace.

Errors do happen. It once flew at half-mast when King Edward VII died, until King George V spotted the error.
Old 30-09-2022, 05:45   #203
Mick
Cable Forum Team

New Coins depicting King Charles III, note with Royal Tradition, Kings head is facing opposite way to how Queen Elizabeth II’s head faces, on current coins.

Image sourced from Sky News. The King’s head will start to appear on 50p’s first, the £5 coin is Commemorative.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 97E599B2-BE5C-4CE5-9ECF-F5645D0911CE.jpeg (68.9 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpeg 4B2C81ED-272A-4E2A-8AF1-E1B7B48C2FCF.jpeg (73.9 KB, 101 views)
Old 30-09-2022, 19:39   #204
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

I am no Monarchist, but I respect those that are. However, I was watching the coverage of the funeral service and came across this individual laughing his head off:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573240028788330497

I would have expected a public apology at the very least. This is so disrespectful.
Old 30-09-2022, 20:38   #205
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I am no Monarchist, but I respect those that are. However, I was watching the coverage of the funeral service and came across this individual laughing his head off:

I would have expected a public apology at the very least. This is so disrespectful.
Sitting on his own as well, must have been a joke he remembered or maybe he was just looking at the character in the row in front of him. Either way a terrible look at such a high profile public event.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:38   #206
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post

It was just bizarre. Genuinely wonder if he's ok. You don't need to be a monarchist to find this behaviour inappropriate for a funeral.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:45   #207
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Just seems like a nervous tick to me or a brief bit of awkwardness. Nothing to write home about. I think the press could have lost it's mind if it were a Labour or SNP politician though.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 15:46   #208
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Sad day for Britain and the Common wealth. She was loved all over the world.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 15:20   #209
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Yes a great and fabulous Queen,a hard act to follow
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 17:21   #210
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Sad news indeed .She held everything together , R I P Ma am /
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote