Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The energy crisis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The energy crisis

Old 15-03-2024, 22:21   #2521
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
There will be fixed deals across the board I believe. Comparison sites will be back up and running with Energy.
I was looking at the fixed rate deal you took out at Octopus and the tarrif is exactly the same as what my flexible tarrif will be from April 1st, I may as well stay on my flexible, although I'm hoping to get a smart meter to go on the tracker tarrif I just need to be off work the whole day!
Old 15-03-2024, 23:22   #2522
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I was looking at the fixed rate deal you took out at Octopus and the tarrif is exactly the same as what my flexible tarrif will be from April 1st, I may as well stay on my flexible, although I'm hoping to get a smart meter to go on the tracker tarrif I just need to be off work the whole day!
It will save me at least £15 this month alone and may well switch in April if there is better. I do not really want a smart meter cuz knowing my luck it will be faulty and my bills increase
Old 18-03-2024, 15:50   #2523
FamousBeetle
cf.member

FamousBeetle is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got an email from EDF telling me the prices are going down. Glad I didn't fix mine for 12 months.
FamousBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 10:39   #2524
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

So new rates come in today, Octopus recommend I reduce my monthly payment from their recommended £90 a month(was paying £82 based on account balance) to £75 a month so that's nice.

I wonder what happens after I get my Smart Meters installed on Friday I'm dreading it going wrong and increasing my bills.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:58   #2525
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

You cannot win with companies they reduce it one way and take it away in another
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 13:30   #2526
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
You cannot win with companies they reduce it one way and take it away in another
Just like the government.
Old 01-04-2024, 19:08   #2527
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBeetle View Post
Just got an email from EDF telling me the prices are going down. Glad I didn't fix mine for 12 months.
Well it shouldnt have been a surprise, the cap was predicted to be lower months ago.
The next one is predicted to be even lower, then rise slightly after that - very few fixed deals are going to be worth it atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 19:48   #2528
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well it shouldnt have been a surprise, the cap was predicted to be lower months ago.
The next one is predicted to be even lower, then rise slightly after that - very few fixed deals are going to be worth it atm.
My current Flexible Rate is exactly the same as their fixed rate, it looks like the tracker tarrif for me is a no brainer after my meters are installed assuming I can go straight on it.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:28   #2529
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Crazy Agile Electric pricing today! Negative all afternoon: https://www.agiledashboard.co.uk/
Old 06-04-2024, 14:59   #2530
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Crazy Agile Electric pricing today! Negative all afternoon: https://www.agiledashboard.co.uk/
I've just had my smart meters installed, my plan is to go onto their Tracker when it's all setup, how easy is it to swap to Agile in the future is their a waiting list and can you dropout without a penalty?
Old 06-04-2024, 20:06   #2531
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Perhaps wind power is in abundance atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 10:50   #2532
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just logged into my Octopus account as it's changing daily since getting my smart meters installed and there is some Octoplus rewards scheme I've just opted into and got 500 points.

There is something about free electricity at certain times and they will email me. Is this a new thing or has it been around a while?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 07-04-2024 at 11:07.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 11:13   #2533
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Here's the link to that offer (if you are an Octopus customer)

https://octopus.energy/octoplus/

FAQs are at the bottom of the page.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 11:23   #2534
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Here's the link to that offer (if you are an Octopus customer)

https://octopus.energy/octoplus/

FAQs are at the bottom of the page.
Thanks. Yes I've been reading that I was just wondering if this was New to everyone or just New to me since installing smart meters.