Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Odd fault

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Odd fault

Old 24-09-2018, 08:41   #1
stripes
cf.addict

stripes will become famous soon enoughstripes will become famous soon enoughstripes will become famous soon enough
Odd fault

Two Tivo boxes, so I can do the same thing on both to check it isn't me...

Anyway, on ONE box, after recording one specific programme perfectly for years, it now keeps failing to record that programme - set up as a Series Link. (The Archers, BBC R4 as it happens). Tried deleting the link from the list, and redoing it, still no recording.

Tried doing it on the other Tivo, works fine.

Why has my first Tivo box turned against The Archers? (Ok, it might find it boring, but that's the point of The Archers).

Any clues?

Ta.
Allen.
stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2018, 08:50   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Odd fault

There should be something in the hiccups to explain the missing recordings.

May be worth recording 'Archers Omnibus' as backup
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 11:54   #3
stripes
cf.addict

stripes will become famous soon enoughstripes will become famous soon enoughstripes will become famous soon enough

Ozsat, probably a dim question, but what's hiccups?

A.
Old 24-09-2018, 11:58   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Go to -> My Shows & Recordings -> Recording Hiccups

It tells you why programmes were not recorded
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 12:14   #5
stripes
cf.addict

I knew it was a dim question...

A
Old 26-09-2018, 11:07   #6
stripes
cf.addict

Well, I had a look, and it said 'Duplicate'. Which it is, as the programme is broadcast twice a day (although I only have a Series Link for the evening version).

I made sure all the options were precisely as the OTHER Tivo box, and reestablished the Link, and yesterday it worked fine.

Very odd. Must be me, of course, but as yet I can't work out how.

Allen.
Old 26-09-2018, 13:49   #7
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had a few missed recordings recently because of "duplicate".What cured it for us was to have it include "Recordings only" in the series link options and not "Streaming&recordings" if that makes sense.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 14:39   #8
stripes
cf.addict

Yes, the solution makes sense, I'll make sure that's what I've done - although the PROBLEM doesn't make sense!

Thanks trublue.

Allen