Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Firefox Quantum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Firefox Quantum

Old 10-02-2018, 12:39   #16
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Firefox Quantum

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Whats Brave?
It blocks trackers and adverts automatically. I've found it to be faster than Chrome so far. It's from one of the founders of Mozilla.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2018, 11:49   #17
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I think i am going to go back to using Chrome for Android on my phone as it seems a far smoother experience loading webpages compared to Firefox for Android although it bugs the hell out of me i can't 'pin' websites to Chromes start page, still think i can use Firefox on a PC though.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I'm starting to move from Chrome to Brave. I'm liking that more than I am Chrome lately.
Looking at this now, but am i right in thinking i can't sync my bookmarks from other browsers into Brave?

I also wish there was a newsfeed like on Chromes start screen.
Old 12-02-2018, 00:01   #18
cimt

You can, if you go to the bookmarks option it'll say there to import.
Old 12-02-2018, 00:22   #19
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
You can, if you go to the bookmarks option it'll say there to import.

I am talking about the mobile version and i don't have that option, do i need to install the desktop version on a pc?
Old 12-02-2018, 00:27   #20
cimt

Ah right. I just looked there and I couldn't see an option. I know you can on the desktop version.
Old 12-02-2018, 00:34   #21
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This browser doesn't even have sync so it looks like i will continue with chrome and firefox for now.
Old 13-02-2018, 06:17   #22
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Did they remove the option to set MAX CONNECTIONS with firefox??

I remember in 2004 on mauisun someone posted a thread "Firefox speed tweak" and they said they changed thier MAX CONNECTIONS to 48 and it made a huge difference..... I tried the same thing on IE6 and it also makes a big difference! (Default IE6 setting is 2 -- QUITE SLOW)

Anyway......The other day a thread was posted on webuser.co.uk and I mentioned this tweak (It is also a thread about this Quantum) and 2 people said there is NO OPTION in about:config now for MAX CONNECTION.....

Can you get to it in the reg?? (Thats where it is for me on IE)

Just curious........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:01   #23
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/985646

Does this help?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:58   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Did they remove the option to set MAX CONNECTIONS with firefox??

I remember in 2004 on mauisun someone posted a thread "Firefox speed tweak" and they said they changed thier MAX CONNECTIONS to 48 and it made a huge difference..... I tried the same thing on IE6 and it also makes a big difference! (Default IE6 setting is 2 -- QUITE SLOW)

Anyway......The other day a thread was posted on webuser.co.uk and I mentioned this tweak (It is also a thread about this Quantum) and 2 people said there is NO OPTION in about:config now for MAX CONNECTION.....

Can you get to it in the reg?? (Thats where it is for me on IE)

Just curious........
There used to be a benefit back in the dark ages to do this but i don't think there is any need for tweaking something like that now?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 13-02-2018 at 11:57.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 21:03   #25
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Ya i wonder if your right........ I wonder if the IE6 setting was only 2 because when IE6 first came out MOST PEOPLE were on dialup and having more than 2 per server would slow things down alot on the users computer?

I dunno...Im just guessing why it was only 2...... That would cause slight slow loading but on dialup,maybe it was fine....... (56k)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:07   #26
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya i wonder if your right........ I wonder if the IE6 setting was only 2 because when IE6 first came out MOST PEOPLE were on dialup and having more than 2 per server would slow things down alot on the users computer?

I dunno...Im just guessing why it was only 2...... That would cause slight slow loading but on dialup,maybe it was fine....... (56k)
Probably that combined with the fact that web hosts being bombarded with too many connections would have complained to Microsoft (this sort of thing happens over weird things like when the bookmark icon thing was introduced).
Old 15-02-2018, 04:01   #27
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I have a sudden and weird issue with Firefox, something on random sites is causing my browser to hang and i get a yellow band across the top saying....

A web page is slowing down your browser what would you like to do and i either can choose wait or stop it.

I have disabled all the addins i thought may have been the cause which are.
HTTPS everywhere.
Avast shield.
Ad Blocker Plus.
Ghostery.

The problem still exists, one of the problematic sites is the Virginmedia forum, it takes atleast 30 seconds to load as it keeps hanging and then each time u click a link u go through the entire thing again.

Anyone know the cause and a fix?
Old 15-02-2018, 10:38   #28
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I have a sudden and weird issue with Firefox, something on random sites is causing my browser to hang and i get a yellow band across the top saying....

A web page is slowing down your browser what would you like to do and i either can choose wait or stop it.

I have disabled all the addins i thought may have been the cause which are.
HTTPS everywhere.
Avast shield.
Ad Blocker Plus.
Ghostery.

The problem still exists, one of the problematic sites is the Virginmedia forum, it takes atleast 30 seconds to load as it keeps hanging and then each time u click a link u go through the entire thing again.

Anyone know the cause and a fix?
I get that sometimes on coinmarketcap on the android browser but never on the desktop.

Chrome is still faster for me on Android at loading webpages so for now i am trying to use that.
Old 15-02-2018, 10:44   #29
alanbjames
R.I.P.

This is on desktop not Android.