Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you expecting/hoping from VM in 2018?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

What are you expecting/hoping from VM in 2018?

Old 05-01-2018, 18:45   #16
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: What are you expecting/hoping from VM in 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
What makes you thinks that 400mb is the top end of the trial speeds? #justsaying

I said >400, greater than the 350 product is already a 400mb profile.

I've seen some people post speedtest results way in excess of this and then clam up when asked about it....

E.g. this one that was posted on TBB:

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/25154418
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2018, 18:47   #17
Springy
cf.member

Springy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am hoping 10:1 download to upload ratio.
But it won't happen ��
Springy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 00:31   #18
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
I said >400, greater than the 350 product is already a 400mb profile.

I've seen some people post speedtest results way in excess of this and then clam up when asked about it....

E.g. this one that was posted on TBB:

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/25154418

That's a dual wan connection speedtest
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:38   #19
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springy View Post
I am hoping 10:1 download to upload ratio.
But it won't happen ��
Can't recall where I read it now, but I believe the only tier that was going back to 10:1 was 300 (or 350) so it would run at 350/35 assuming they do 10:1 from the config rather than the advertised speeds.

Still all pure speculation of course (for those of us not part of the trials anyway).
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 16:27   #20
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

It makes sense the top tier being 10:1, the majority of customers (And thus bandwidth) are on lower tiers.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 20:18   #21
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Free pizza.
So, it isn't happening then ?> not bothered about upload/download, just toppings....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 01:20   #22
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Hoping: Installation of fibre in my area.

Expecting: Serious cutbacks to project lightning due to cost overruns and problems finding contractors with available work groups. Probably the abandonment of our area from any plans, despite the high level of registered interest. They didn't cable it in the 90s so I was always kind of skeptical they'd do it now, regardless of registered interest level. It's probably cheaper to cable other areas, so those win.

There also happens to be a CityFibre trunk route running straight through the middle of our area... if VM built to us quickly enough, following whatever existing plans they may have, it might incentivise cityfibre not to overbuild - but the clock is ticking. At the moment, CityFibre / Vodafone say they'll be planning to enable up to 1Gbit for residential customers and I expect they'll be announcing our city as a gigabit city - and probably within a month or two.

Last edited by Onramp; 21-01-2018 at 01:26.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 02:05   #23
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

I was hoping to see VM to have 160Mb down and 160Mb up (more than enough for me for the next 15 years)
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 19:09   #24
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
I was hoping to see VM to have 160Mb down and 160Mb up (more than enough for me for the next 15 years)
"Was hoping". You got a time machine, has Sky Atlantic arrived yet?
Old 29-01-2018, 13:14   #25
gunner45
cf.member

Services: TV Maxit TV with V6 box + phone, M500, VM Hub 3.0
gunner45 is on a distinguished roadgunner45 is on a distinguished road

Hoping: Installation of full fibre in my area.

Expecting: No change as my estate has the HFC network and I find it hard to believe that VM will invest in FTTH. I will also be amazed if BT installs G.FAST, so I will continue to have only one fast ISP.

Last edited by gunner45; 29-01-2018 at 13:15. Reason: clarification
gunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote