Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 27-06-2020, 14:13   #3556
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

I've not been able to get it to work at all for a couple of weeks - same as users in the community forum.

As said - when it does work it seems hit and miss as to what is copied.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2020, 01:11   #3557
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

anyones v6 been acting sluggish recently. my broadband has been over 350mbps and hasnt dropped. the v6 in my bedroom next to the router is perfectly fine. the v6 in the back bedroom has been really slow and same downstairs. netflix has been doing the whole "problem with this programme" and apparently mentioning router settings or something. nothing has changed though?

I did get a wifi booster to help with cctv cameras in my back garden but i cant imagine that hurting the wifi to the tivo boxes?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:45   #3558
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

We got a Wi-Fi booster as part of the Oomph package and they are a waste of time. This Intellegent Wi-Fi doesnt seem to work in our house especially with the constant drop outs that we have been getting.

I don't suppose the upgrade to 600mbps will make much difference,
Old 01-07-2020, 10:26   #3559
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
anyones v6 been acting sluggish recently. my broadband has been over 350mbps and hasnt dropped. the v6 in my bedroom next to the router is perfectly fine. the v6 in the back bedroom has been really slow and same downstairs. netflix has been doing the whole "problem with this programme" and apparently mentioning router settings or something. nothing has changed though?
Try rebooting your Superhub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I did get a wifi booster to help with cctv cameras in my back garden but i cant imagine that hurting the wifi to the tivo boxes?
I can! Try turning it off and see if the problem goes away.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 12:21   #3560
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

A new software update has gone out today, probably nothing exciting but if your box isn't on 24/7 it may update when you next power on
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 17:10   #3561
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
A new software update has gone out today, probably nothing exciting but if your box isn't on 24/7 it may update when you next power on

For which box, V6?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2022, 21:51   #3562
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
For which box, V6?
It's a V6 thread.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2022, 10:52   #3563
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

Haven't noticed anything changed much without looking too closely.
Cheile48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2022, 20:06   #3564
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
It's a V6 thread.

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote