Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can't connect to network

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Can't connect to network

Old 12-09-2015, 12:23   #1
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Can't connect to network

I recently downgraded my package and removed multi room, I had two boxes a 500GB and a 1TB. I sent the 500Gb back as agreed on the phone but Virgin ended up deactivating the 1TB box instead.

I called faults on Monday night and they had a look at the issue and found that the box was deactivated but told me they could not do anything and I would have to phone CS in the morning to get it activated. all channels were coming through, even ones that I was no longer subscribed to, but I was getting no EPG data and an error message that said Network unavailable (C130).

Phoned CS on Tuesday morning and they said yes we can see a a problem we will send a signal down and should be resolved in an hour. I came home from work to find the box still in the same state so I called CS again, the first person troubleshooted for about 30 minutes then went to speak to faults and left me on hold for 10 minutes and then cut me off.

Phoned a second time pretty much the same as above only shorter.

Called a 3rd time and explained everything again and this person said they will not hang up until they can hear me speak with someone in faults. The faults person seem really clueless, the guys in CS seemed far more clued up. Th end result of that conversation was a engineer.

Had a engineer here today, couldn't see anything wrong with the cabling, so called CS and they said oh yes the account is not authorised for that box, but also said it doesn't need a card and should have a virtual card. So he took the card out restarted the box and things improved slightly. The C130 message was gone and teh box would now connect to the network but still couldn't load any EPG data.

So the engineer swapped the box out and this one goes all the way through the checklist until it gets to configuring network and then fails with the error: Connection error (7013).

He had no more boxes, to try, more calls to CS and they say all the hits to the box are fine and going through, he restarted the box again and said he had other jobs that he needed to get to and would be back later with another box as he had no more 1TB boxes in his van.

My guy feeling is it isn't the box and more an account, although the engineer said it is not unknown for the refurb boxes to be faulty either.

Anyone here work for Virgin that might be able to assist or advise if they have seen this before?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2015, 12:43   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Can't connect to network

You have a PM
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 14:17   #3
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Thanks Spiderplant I have replied. I am really surprised that Virgin don't use Smartcards anymore.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 18:02   #4
Mike66
cf.member

Mike66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've just found your post. I am getting the 7013 on a new box that is meant to replace a faulty one. CS want to send an engineer having tried nothing from their end. Did it take a further engineer visit to sort your issue zantarous?
Mike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 20:39   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I've checked my old PMs. zantarous did get an engineer visit, who swapped the box, but this probably wasn't really the correct solution. Error 7013 can often be fixed remotely.

Firstly, two questions:
1) Do you have an Ethernet cable plugged into the box? If so, turn off the box, remove the Ethernet, and then power back on. Don't reconnect the Ethernet until the box has finished installing.
2) If that hasn't resolved it, what was the problem with your old box? Knowing this can give a clue why the new one isn't installing correctly.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2021, 13:00   #6
Mike66
cf.member

Hi spiderplant, Thanks for the reply. Sorry it's taken a while - I was expecting an email notification to tell me I had an update - I guess I still need to configure my profile fully.

I disconnected the ethernet cable and still get eh same error. Just for fun I took the card out, as I've read they are no longer needed, and still the same error 7013.

The full story is that I had some problems with the box (500MB old style tivo). 1) it was randomly rebooting. 2) pixelated playback. I called, they ran tests and decided the box needed replacing. New box was sent and it is this I am having the problems with. I did the like for like swap of all cables, plus card and then got the error 7013.

If I reconnect the old box (which interestingly seems to have recovered after they ran the remote tests) then all is fine.

I've tried it with a different cable (though unlikely) - still 7013. I left the cable out just to see where it fell over and that failed trying to get an IP address (with the ethernet cable in at the time) so I'm pretty sure the new box it connecting to VM servers to a certain degree. I have all sorts of theories, but would have expected more from Virgin. They seem script driven with limited options.

If you have any further ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks very much
Old 22-06-2021, 15:32   #7
Mike66
cf.member

For anyone else getting this error, it seems that you need to double and triple check your device has been activated. That was all mine was in the end.