Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hamas Israel War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hamas Israel War

Old 09-06-2024, 17:06   #1366
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Hamas Israel War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
True, I’m just concerned about the innocent Civilians that were holding them hostage…….I hope they’re ok.
I’m sure they appreciate your faux concern. Any other civilians you have sympathy for out of the 36,000 - the majority of whom women and children - slaughtered at the hands of Israel?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2024, 17:16   #1367
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m sure they appreciate your faux concern. Any other civilians you have sympathy for out of the 36,000 - the majority of whom women and children - slaughtered at the hands of Israel?
You need to switch your sarcasm radar on.
Old 09-06-2024, 21:35   #1368
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2559257.html

Amazing. Being held hostage in “civilian” buildings………………
I'm amazed too they found any building to house them in given the large number of buildings erased to the ground.

I doubt there were any military buildings left to use if they wanted to.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 09-06-2024 at 21:42.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 21:42   #1369
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm amazed too. I thought all the buildings had been erased to the ground.
They couldn’t have been held in a hospital then.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 21:47   #1370
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

A story to watch in case anyone else follows suit.
Quote:
Israeli war cabinet member Benny Gantz quits over lack of post-war Gaza plan

Israel's war cabinet minister has resigned from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's emergency government.

Benny Gantz said leaving his post was a "complex and painful decision" to make but Mr Netanyahu was "preventing real victory" over Hamas, the militant group Israel has been fighting in Gaza for the past eight months.

Mr Gantz, one of Israel's three war cabinet ministers, said during a televised news conference on Sunday that he was leaving "with a heavy heart but with full confidence".

Mr Gantz called on the PM to set an election date as he was making "total victory impossible", while also saying the government must put the return of the hostages seized by Hamas "above political survival".
https://news.sky.com/story/israeli-w...-plan-13150293

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
They couldn’t have been held in a hospital then.
Or a school
Quote:
'Why bomb us?': At least 40 killed in Israeli airstrike on UN school in Gaza

AN ISRAELI AIRSTRIKE on a school in the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza has killed at 40 people, according to Hamas’ al-Aqsa television broadcaster.

The Israeli military said its fighter jets struck the school run by the United Nations agency providing aid to the Palestinians, UNRW.

UNRWA’s commissioner general Philippe Lazzarini said that Israel had bombed the school “without prior warning” given to the 6,000 displaced Palestinians sheltering there. “Another horrific day in Gaza.”
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world...d=BingNewsSerp
Old 09-06-2024, 23:01   #1371
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I doubt there were any military buildings left to use if they wanted to.
Why would there be “military” buildings in a refugee camp.

As I said, I’m just hopeful non of the innocent civilians that were holding the hostages against their will in their non-military buildings for eight months were injured.
Old 09-06-2024, 23:34   #1372
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Somehow, I think you may being disingenuous in your purported sympathy for the dead and maimed children, as their active involvement in holding hostages is unlikely…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2024, 00:16   #1373
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Why would there be “military” buildings in a refugee camp.
No idea, but then again I didn't mention a refugee camp.

Quote:
As I said, I’m just hopeful non of the innocent civilians that were holding the hostages against their will in their non-military buildings for eight months were injured.
With 36,000 Gazans killed by IDF operations since 7/10, I fear your hope may be ill placed.