Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?
View Poll Results: Smart Meter Yae or Nae
Yes 19 44.19%
No 19 44.19%
Undecided 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-06-2024, 20:11   #316
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
If you set your octopus settings to every 30min, I think you can then load the data into various tools that will compare the tariffs for you.
Yes, you also have to have it set to every 30mins to be able to go onto Tariffs like Tracker, Agile etc.
Old 14-06-2024, 21:43   #317
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Agile I can understand, but Tracker is a daily rate, so why does it need 30 minute readings ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2024, 22:59   #318
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Agile I can understand, but Tracker is a daily rate, so why does it need 30 minute readings ?
You make a good point about Tracker and I can't find any info where it says you need to change the preferences to 30mins for any Smart Tariffs but when I had mine installed I'm sure I read it somewhere, maybe it was when I clicked through the signup page.

I think their Home Mini thingimajig may even beam readings every 10mins, mine gets delivered tomorrow.

If you or anyone wants to go onto the waiting list you can signup here.

https://octopus.energy/blog/octopus-...addmetothelist
Old Yesterday, 06:02   #319
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville
All you here are they break down often, I prefer to read m6 own meter
Thats the BEST way to do it!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38   #320
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You make a good point about Tracker and I can't find any info where it says you need to change the preferences to 30mins for any Smart Tariffs but when I had mine installed I'm sure I read it somewhere, maybe it was when I clicked through the signup page.

I think their Home Mini thingimajig may even beam readings every 10mins, mine gets delivered tomorrow.

If you or anyone wants to go onto the waiting list you can signup here.

https://octopus.energy/blog/octopus-...addmetothelist
My home mini can be set to display 5 mins or 30mins

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:52   #321
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
My home mini can be set to display 5 mins or 30mins
Are you finding it useful?

Edit
Mines just been put under my gate in the rain, not sure why they didn't knock on the door that I was standing next to.

Edit 2
It's a shame I have to connect my mobile phone to the 2.4Ghz WiFi for it to work.

Last edited by SnoopZ; Yesterday at 13:32.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:40   #322
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

Edit
Mines just been put under my gate in the rain, not sure why they didn't knock on the door that I was standing next to.

Edit 2
It's a shame I have to connect my mobile phone to the 2.4Ghz WiFi for it to work.
Looks like you only need the 2.4Ghz WiFi on your mobile device that the app is on during setup, still don't understand why.
Old Yesterday, 15:39   #323
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Perhaps the mini only has 2.4Ghz, thats the case with most automation devices.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:32   #324
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Perhaps the mini only has 2.4Ghz, thats the case with most automation devices.
My confusion is why it is only on setup because I've now changed my phone back to 5Ghz and the device is still working, it was giving me the impression that the device was connected to my phone all the time but I can now see it in the router devices as a 2.4 device so that's fine.
Old Yesterday, 18:52   #325
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Edit

Edit 2
Yes i use it more than the fixed display

Old Yesterday, 19:21   #326
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Yes i use it more than the fixed display
I've unplug the IHD as it's not needed.
Old Yesterday, 20:16   #327
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
I've unplug the IHD as it's not needed.
Good point having seen your post my IHD is unplugged and in the cupboard

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

I was out in my car today and needed to charge at the motorway services, Stopped at Charnock Richard and used the Applegreen chargers to top up. The charge went straight on my Octopus Electroverse rift card. I then pay on my electric bill at the end of the month. Excellent additional service by octopus.

Anyone here that has a Octopus account and an EV pm me for a code if you want to join.