Old 17-09-2020, 14:57   #95
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I've been reading this thread with interest but without taking up any offers of trialing this new system. From what I can gather:

They're trying to copy the Sky Q set up, main box and mini boxes.
This appears to be implemented badly seeing as VM targetted existing customers with 2 or more V6.
Reduced recording capacity may not be an issue for all but certainly for some.
The mini box needing a coax connection is for me a terrible decision. Yes there may be technical reasons behind it and yes there may be a future software upgrade that makes it work through Wifi, who knows. But at the moment it works through coax which is fine when you're replacing existing boxes but new customers potentially moving from Sky Q would find it a pain, especially as second boxes are normally in a bedroom. Those cables can be diffcult to hide.

I'm sure the new UI is a hell of a lot more modern looking but I think I'll stick to the trusty V6's for now.
The thing I find strange about it all is it still needs a coax connection for the mini box, seems totally pointless having one when you can just keep the second V6 box which also has it's own storage. I've got to say, in my opinion, this has to be the worst offer ever.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote