Thread: 200M Occasional Dropouts
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 21:50   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Occasional Dropouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What is a sub? I am assuming the VM Hub - the actual modem - right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Superhub (shub). VM probably should have left out the super part of the description in all truth
I thought you was joking. I am amazed you haven't picked up on it before. Many of us have been using that expression since 2009 ish when shub 1 was around. I hate contradictions and I have never been able to, in good conscience, call it a "super"hub. We actually called it the pooperhub to start off with but one of the admins told us off for it so we came up with shub instead. It is an absolute joke given the plethora of problems and bugs there have been with each model plus the fact that pretty much any consumer bought router has more features and out performs the shub. Doesn't make it that super does it? Btw, is there a reason why they haven't fixed the decimal point in the upstream power levels yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They said they passed the dropout information to the engineer so hopefully they'll test the line itself?
He'll test the connection in the street cabinet to see what it is reading and make sure it isn't a network fault and if that is ok he'll test the connection from the cabinet to your house to see if the cable is ok and then have a look at the connectors, splitters and isolators within the premises. There is a checklist of stuff he has got to do to make sure everything is mint and he'll get you to sign it before he goes.

Last edited by General Maximus; 03-06-2020 at 21:56.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote