View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 20:22   #8047
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Based on info I've seen today it looks like the end is coming for BoxNation. As of August Frank Warren's fighters will be exclusively on BT Sport. When asked about BoxNation all Warren committed to saying was a decision will be made nearer the time. Either it'll close or BT will launch their own boxing channel. Really sad news for boxing fans
I think one of those options is a good bet, it certainly won't be around without Warren's fighters.

As I think I've posted previously, the future of the channel has been uncertain after majority funder Bill Ives died last August. His family may not want to continue to subsidise it. Its registered office moved to BT Sport's hub in the Olympic Park last year signifying a very close relationship between the two companies.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Wimbledon's broadcasting infrastructure for 2018 announced. Will be interesting to see if the BBC broadcasts Centre Court in 4K.
Quote:
- The AELTC has taken on responsibility for the host coverage of The Championships 2018 under the umbrella of Wimbledon Broadcast Services (WBS).
WBS will, for the first time, provide multi-camera coverage of all 18 Championships courts, with Centre Court being offered in 4K High Dynamic Range to achieve optimum resolution and picture quality.
- A net-cam will be installed on Centre Court and No.1 Court.
- World-feed commentary will be provided on up to 11 courts at any one time and interviews and colour footage will also be produced.
- A total of 17 robotic cameras will capture the beauty and atmosphere of the Grounds, including three covering the Aorangi practice courts.
- The coverage will be distributed globally to more than 200 countries with over 50 organisations represented on-site.
- The Broadcast Centre has been revamped to accommodate these changes, with a content creation, quality control and distribution hub at the heart of the operation.
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...hips_2018.html
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote